Chapter Twelve: One-Eighty Degrees Coffee

Chapter Twelve

So, how should you react if the person who has been torturing you since the day you met suddenly asked you to the winter formal?

“Excuse me?” I gaped.

“Will you—” he started out but I cut him off. I do not want to hear those words again coming from his mouth.

“Oh look at the time,” I suddenly said. I took the mug from his hands and started pushing him to the elevator, “I think your parents or Blake are back already,” I pressed the button and when the doors opened, I shoved him inside, “I’ll call cab a for you.”

“Wait!” I called out but the doors were already closing. I waved goodbye to him until the metal doors finally closed and I could no longer see his body.

“Want me to run a bath for you?” Jazzy offered and I nodded immediately.

I rubbed my temples in frustration, my life used to be so simple. What happened to you Celeste? Oh yeah, you became popular.

This was starting to become a horrible weekend. What I needed was a nice soak in a bubble bath and a good night’s sleep.

If I could even find it in myself to sleep tonight.

*

*

*

“Good morning, Celeste,” Jazzy greeted as the usual protocol. She served me some eggs with a side of toast but I couldn’t find it in myself to eat.

“Your parents called. They said that they want you to check on the new café they’re investing in,” she said to me as she handed me a steaming mug of coffee.

I seriously need the caffeine; I’ll be looking like a zombie all day if I don’t drink it.

“The rare time my parents call me and it’s to overlook a business,” I grumbled under my breath, chugging down my coffee.

“They really care for you,” Jazzy tried to reassure me but I only rolled my eyes at this. I’m not even sure if I’ll be seeing them this Christmas.

“I’ll be going now,” I told her, standing from my chair and my maid frowned as she eyed my untouched breakfast. I couldn’t find it in my system to eat so I just left it.

I drove to the café with the directions texted to me by my lovely parents. To tell you the truth, I even forgot how their voices sound. I usually see them in business magazines so I still know what they look like, but I don’t even know them anymore.

When the café came into view, a sign that was up in the air stated One-Eighty Degrees Coffee.

The café gave you a homey feeling just by looking at the exterior. It gave the illusion that it was made with wood and the glass windows showed the inside of the café in full view.

It was packed as seen through the windows. There was even a sofa near the door for where people can sit while waiting for a table.

Well, my parents did a good business deal on this one.

The parking lot was packed but good thing there was a car leaving a spot. I quickly parked my car and stepped inside the cold. No wonder the place was packed; people were practically begging for some hot beverages in this weather.

The bell rang when I entered the café, gathering the attention of the waiter. The bell signaled a customer just went in but everybody was staring at me.

Oh right, I was the daughter of one of their biggest investors.

“Miss Graham,” The man I presumed who was the manager greeted quickly, rushing to my front. He snapped his finger and various workers magically cleared a table and sat me there.