Chapter 2:

You were quickly and angrily walking to the lady at the desk.

"Excuse me, yeah slight problem. I'm sharing a room with a guy! Now I don't want to seem problematic but..." You say looking at her totally blank face.

"Well I'm sorry but we're not rich! You'll just have to deal with it" she replies still not caring.

You were red with anger. You stomp back into your room only to find a fully dressed Dan. He was kinda cute.

"Well how'd it go?" He laughs.

"Oh yeah it went fucking brilliant" you say sarcastically as you plonk yourself on the bed. "You think this is all fun and games?" You ask.

"Wow I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you feel bad" he says sympathetically and sits in the bed beside you.

"No, it's not your fault". "It's just well, my parents have just died and obviously I'm never gonna get over it but it's especially hard right now" you say lying back on the bed.

Dan goes silent. He hugs you, still not saying a word.

"What was that for?".

"I know how it feels" he whispers.

"Oh my god Dan. I'm so sorry" you reply, now tearing up.

"It's ok. It was over 2 years ago but now that I think of it the pain never really went away. I'm the only one left of my family here in England so I literally have no one" he adds now lying back on the bed too.

"Well, I can relate. I do have family but they have wanted nothing to do with me".

RING RING RING.

"What the hell was that?" You ask kind of scared.

"Oh yeah, that's the dinner bell. Come on we better get down there before everyone else takes it all" he laughs as he stands up reaching for your hand.