Chapter Two

*Semi-edited*
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.
The last bell of the day sounded. I could finally leave this house of torture. I stopped at my locker and grabbed my bag after depositing a few of my books into the small cubicle. I quickly headed out to the front of the school, to the area where my group meets so we can all walk home together. Seeing that no one else was here, I leaned up against the wall and waited. My mind wandered to the topic of mates. I still hadn't found mine, even though I was already 16. Even underneath my tough facade, I was still a hopeless romantic. I wanted to find that special someone who would love and cherish me forever, but it seems as if It'll never happen. Le sigh.

As I was waiting, I looked over and spotted the guy whose ego I deflated earlier. He was standing in a group with four other dudes. They were conversing, but they kept looking and pointing over to me. Paying them no mind, I went back to my thoughts. They were probably just planning on trying to "woo" me as a stupid bet. Ugh. High school boys are the worst.  After a few minutes, I saw them walking over to me in my peripheral vision. Here come the douche squad. I played it cool, and stayed exactly were I was. When they finally came into view, what looked like their leader stepped forward, while the rest surrounded me. Huh. This isn't what I was expecting.

"I heard you roughed up our buddy earlier," The leader stated, trying to look intimidating. He honestly only looked like he was constipated. I stifled a laugh. "You see we can't have that, so we came over to teach you a little lesson." The only lesson they could teach me is a lesson on how to be possibly the worst flirts in the world. 

"All five off you ganging up on a small girl like me, oh whatever shall I do?" I said back sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. This was just getting troublesome. Time to beat their asses.

They started moving towards me, and before they could react, I swung my leg around kicking them all in the face. They all stumbled back so I used their confusion to my advantage. I grabbed the boy closest to me and knocked him in the head with my forehead, making him pass out. I then proceeded to grab the guy next to him, and punched him in the face. After that I noticed the leader going in for a punch. I grabbed his fist before it could collide with my face, and twisted his arm, and then swept his legs out from underneath him. The other two guys were still holding their heads in pain, so I quickly grabbed their shoulders and knocked their heads together. Idiots. Thinking they could take me on.

Now that that was taken care of, I saw my friends and sister walking out of the school. I ran up to join them and then we started home. 
****************************************************************************************************************************
As we were walking home, I heard Grayson and Elisa conversing about something that sparked an interest. They were talking about mates and sort, and then they started talking about the mate ball. Oh shoot! The Mate Ball! It is this weekend! I totally forgot. The mate ball was an annual ball, hosted for all the young unmated male and female werewolves to go and find their mate. This would be my second year going, and it would be gracelin's first. I still have to get a dress and shoes to go with it. Great, now a whole other thing to add to my list of burdens. UGHHH! But wait... I could find my mate. Suddenly, I was more excited. Maybe my prince charming will find me at last.