Chapter 12

Previously on The snarky mate:
""I think I'm gonna do some resear-" I started, but never got to finish. The door to the parlor opened with a crash, and there stood-."
Allie's pov
Daniel. Daniel stood in the doorway looking furious. I gasped. So did Anna. What is he so mad about? He was the one that left us. I was about to give him a piece of my mind, but I was cut off.
"I challenge you to a duel." He said, his voice deadly calm. What! A duel! Was he still mad at me for the incident? He is being so childish.
"I refuse." I stated simply. He let out a loud and terrifying snarl.
"Fine, I order you to duel me." He must've forgotten that his alpha tone doesn't work on me.
"The answer is still no. And where have you been. I had to make excuses for why you weren't here, do all your duties, and we've been looking for you everywhere!" I exclaimed.
"I went out in the mountains and trained so I could beat you in a duel. A luna should never overpower her Alpha. She is only there to provide an heir and calm the people. She must obey the alpha." He said. I couldn't believe him. How dare he say I can't overpower him because I'm Luna. That's ridiculous! I have had enough of him. I ran up to him and slapped him across the face. He was shocked. I was fuming with anger, and my demon was trying to come out. "HOW DARE YOU! HOW CAN YOU BE SO IDIOTIC AND CHILDISH! YOU LEAVE YOUR PACK, JUST BECAUSE YOUR PRIDE AND DIGNITY ARE DAMAGED! JUST BECAUSE YOU DECIDE THAT YOU WANT TO BE AN IMMATURE BRAT, DOESN'T MEAN THAT THE PACK SHOULD SUFFER. AND THEN, YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO TELL ME BECAUSE I'M THE LUNA I CAN'T BE STRONG OR LEAD THE PACK! WELL GUESS WHAT BUDDY, I DID, AND FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK NO LESS! YOU MAY BE THE KING, BUT YOU CAN JUST STEP BACK AND WATCH THE QUEEN CONQUER!" I screamed. He stood very still, his face rigid and cold. I grabbed Anna.
"Anna, lets go. We have work to do. Call off all search parties and make sure to tell them we have found the alpha." She nodded and ran off. "And as for you, we will be having a ball on Saturday. You will attend, and we must look put together so the pack is put at ease. Also, as much as I don't want to, you need to mark me so the kingdom knows that you have claimed me as Luna. I will have my butler, Sebastian, come and fit you for a tuxedo. That is all, you are dismissed. You may go to your room, I will be in the office if you need me."  He looked defeated. Hmph. Serves him right.  And with that, I walked off.
#########################
I walked into the ballroom. All around, pack members were hanging decorations, setting the tables, and hanging lights. The theme was purple and teal, and all the tables, chairs, and decor were modeled after that. I walked over to Anna to see how the progress was going.
"So how are the preparations going?" I asked.
"Very well. All of the invitations have been sent out. The decorations are almost done, and the quartet is booked." She said.
"Good, now I must be off now, I need to go pick out my gown." I replied as I walked off. As I walked down the hallway, I reflected on the events of today. Daniel was back, so that was good. He was still a massive jerk  though. I entered my room. As I was walking to my closet, when I noticed a white note on my bed. On top of it there was a rose, and It had my name on it. I opened it. It said:
Dear Allie,
I have a surprise for you at the ball tomorrow night. Please meet me on the balcony above the ballroom.
Daniel.
I wonder what this is about. Was he going to confess his undying love to me!? I can't wait!
****************
Hey Guys!
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. School has been hectic, and I just moved so its been a bit crazy. Its honestly so fun to write Allie's character. She's just so badass and cool! Anyway, I recently watched the book of death from the Black Butler franchise. I honestly 100% recommend, even if you don't watch anime. It's especially good if you like mysteries. On another note, I saw this thing that said some people are trying to ban anime. If they do that I will find them and I will kill them all. Comment what you think Allie's surprise will be. Until next time,
~Aly😊💗
(Sebastiaaaaaaaaaan 😍)