Chapter 18

I punched the dummy as hard as I could. I was fuming with anger. How dare this stupid witch mess with my mate, and my pack. Like seriously, who does that! If she had never intervened, Daniel and I could be living happily ever after right now. Urggggggh!
"RAWWWWWWWWWWWR!" I screamed in frustration as I slashed the dummy with my sword. Oops. I guess in my rage I transformed into my battle form. Well at least I feel less angry now. I need to go check on Daniel now. Ever since the attack he's been an emotional wreck. Not to mention, he's too afraid to even leave his room. I stationed guards at any place Faith might be able to enter his room. Even if he was a jerk, that doesn't mean I don't care for him. I quickly show ered, changed, and headed over to Daniel's room. Once confirming that I was actually the Alpha and not some impersonator, they let me in. Daniel was huddled up on his bed, like he always was. I sighed. I wonder if he is ever going to be the same again.
"Hey Daniel, how are you?" I asked in a friendly tone. He didn't reply. "Look, I know that you're scared, but I promise I'll protect you and the entire pack." He looked up at me, vulnerability, (and tears)  shining in his eyes.
"That's what I'm worried about. Faith is really strong. What if she hurts you?" He said, his voice cracking at the end. He reminded me of broken little boy that needed a hug. So that's what I did. I gave him a hug. He hugged me back and cried into my shoulder. I felt so bad. Nobody should have to deal with the burden of a curse for that long. This made me even angrier at Faith. I pulled back from the hug, and  looked him in the eyes.
"Hey, why don't I make you something to eat?" I asked. He usually didn't eat much, but maybe I could get him to eat an entire meal. It's worth trying. He looked like he was thinking about it, and then he nodded.
"Ok, let's go then." I said. He got up, still wrapped in his duvet, and followed me out of his room. I headed down to the castle kitchen, Daniel trailing behind me.
"So, what do you want to eat?" I asked him. He shrugged. "Okay, what about tacos?" I asked. He nodded. I got out the ingredients and got to work.
*********
After we finished eating, I headed up to my room, Jacob behind me. I was surprised when he asked if he could come with me, but I just let him. He deserves it after having to go through all of this. We got to my room and he immediately sat on my bed and wrapped his duvet around him. I sat next to him, and turned on the TV. After scrolling for a bit, I stopped on Steven Universe. He didn't seem to protest so I kept it on. After awhile I looked over, and saw that Daniel was asleep all cuddled up to me. I sighed. I wish it could've been like this from the beginning. A yawn escaped my mouth. I lied down next to him, and snuggled close, drifting off into a dreamless sleep.
****
Hey guys! Sorry for the filler chapter. I've been busy getting ready for school and stuff and I really wanted to get a chapter up. Any who, our story is almost over and I'm so excited to see the end in reach. I hope you enjoyed the fluff. Until next time,
~Aly