6

I woke up tangled in Barry's arms. The sun beamed in from the curtains as I turned over to look at his alarm clock.
"Barry, were supposed to be meeting with the S.T.A.R Labs team today! We're going to be late!" I said as I rolled over to face him and poked at his arm. He groaned and shook his head.
"All I want is 5 more minutes in bed with you," Barry said as he pulled me down to him playfully.
"Barry, I'm serious. We have to go," i said as I wriggled out of his grasp and walk to Iris' room where I did a little shopping. I quickly returned back to Barry's room to change.
"Wearing Iris' clothes, I see," Barry said looking at the outfit in my hand.
"For your information, these jeans and this T-shirt she borrowed from me a few years ago. She never gave it back to me, but now it's mine again. She left it behind anyways. She took all her other clothes to Eddie's. I proceeded to put on the jeans and looked at how they fit in the mirror. "I'm surprised they still fit even after a few months". I then put on the black long sleeved T-shirt and slid on my black converse.
"Looking good," Barry said with one arm propping his head up on the headboard.
"I'm all ready to go, and you're still in bed. Not changed. Not ready. Not-". At that moment, Barry threw the covers off himself and sped around the room quickly. After a few seconds he stopped and caught his balance. He At this point, he was dressed, his hair and teeth were brushed, and he was ready to go.
     "Looks like I'm getting used this whole speeding thing". I placed a finger to my lips.
"Keep it down. Joe might hear." Barry's mouth formed an "o", and I nodded my head. "We better go down and say goodbye", I said before I opened the door and Barry followed me downstairs.
"Morning, Joe," I said as I reached the bottom of the stairs. Joe's back was to us. He placed his coffee pod in the Keurig and turned around as it was brewing. "How did you sleep last night?" I asked. Joe looked a little suspicious.
     "Good...." he answered. "Why? Did you do something that would've woke me up?" Joe asked. I coughed loudly and Barry chimed in.
     "Chloe and I were just leaving. We didn't want to leave without saying goodbye." Barry leaned over the back of the couch and grabbed my coat. Barry held it out for me as I shrugged it over my shoulders. Barry then put his coat on.
"Where are you guys off to today?" Joe asked. Barry and I shared a glance. We had to act quick.
"We were going to go to CCPD at some point today..." I quickly covered. "Grab those case files Captain was telling us about". Barry nodded in agreement.
     "Why don't you wait a few minutes? I can drive you two over with me". Barry and I looked over at each other again.
"We're not going there just yet. We're making a few stops first."
     "Where?" Joe asked.
     "Shopping! Definitely one of the trips we need to make. I don't know about Barry, but I need some new clothes. We were gone for 10 months, think of all the trends and standards we're behind," I said before I nudged Barry. "Plus, I need to go grocery shopping as well. What am I going to have for dinner, right?" I asked with a chuckle. Joe looked at me with raised eyebrows and nodded. He clearly didn't believe me, but was in no mood to debate it.
     "Alright, well have fun then." Joe turned around to grab his coffee mug and took a sip. "Just let me know when you get to CCPD."
"Will do," I said as I waved to Joe and turned around towards the door. Barry grabber his car keys off the table by the door and we closed the front door behind us. Barry and I stopped for a moment and sighed.
"That was too close." Barry held up a hand in the air for me to high-5, which I returned.
"That was some quick thinking in there."
"Well I do have super speed".
"Touché."
A drive later Barry and I arrived at Ferris air. We parked the car next to what appeared to be a camper. We could see the S.T.A.R labs team was set up with all their equipment. There was an overhang that covered the table. Computers and monitors lined the tables surface. Caitlin was there with her clipboard, already taking preliminary notes.
     "Greetings Mr and Mrs Allen!" Cisco said with a smile as he greeted us. I blushed a little at the idea of one day being "Mrs Allen", but was quickly pulled from my thoughts when we were greeted by other members of their team. There was no hesitation with the team at all. Everyone was so eager and ready to jump right in.
Cisco pulled pulled out two outfits from the back of the camper-like van and handed them to us. "Put these on," Cisco said as he gave Barry and I each a pile of clothing. Barry and I went inside the camper, sped changed, and emerged out of the van slowly. We were both filled with embarrassment. They weren't the cutest or most practically outfits in the world.
     "Why these outfits? They look weird and feel uncomfortable," I said as I adjusted this "suit". It was stretchy and red, similar to what a wrestler would wear. Another issue: the suit was skin tight. This wasn't much of a problem for me, but more problem to Barry. To top off this outfit, we had to wear helmets and goggles. Our socks were pulled up tall, and we had funny looking sneakers.
     "The suit is designed to track vital signs and it's also for protection purposes. By law I should note, S.T.A.R Labs is not responsible for-".
     "CISCO!" Wells yelled, causing Cisco to stop his thought. Cisco sunk deep into his chair and straightened out a pile of papers.
      "Ready to run?" Barry asked as we approached what we assumed was the starting line.
     "I hate running, and the power I ended up inheriting was speed? What is wrong with this world?" I asked as I stretched out my arms and legs.
      "FOCUS!" Dr Wells yelled. Barry and I got into running position on a little strip of metal, a device that Cisco had come up with. I shared one last glance with Barry before Wells started the countdown:
      "3...2...1...RUN!" Wells chanted before Barry and I sped off. It was weird running this time around. The other two instances of me running consisted of a few seconds of light jogging, and suddenly speeding. This time I was speeding right from the start. It must be that I'm more focused now on running than I was before.
      "They're already at 599 mph!" I could hear Cisco say excitedly. His voice boomed through my helmet: "Try to run faster!". "They're at 630mph, Chloe taking a slight lead." My hair was blowing around like crazy and my surroundings were visible for only a second at a time. I continued running along the runway as the pink trail follower behind me. It was a crazy and surreal experience, one that I never thought I'd experience before. But I was overcome with anxiety and nervousness when I I realized I didn't know how to fully use my powers yet. Particularly, stopping.
     "How do I stop?" I asked repeatedly as I was getting closer to the end of the runway. My earpiece cut out, and I couldn't hear Cisco any longer. We were on our own I knew that this wasn't going to be good. "BARRY!!" I yelled before the both of us crashed into a pile of boxes that awaited to be shipped on one of the upcoming planes. I shook my head among all the debris and my vision started to become more clear. Yet again, Barry and I found ourselves in another interesting position: he was on top of me this time. I swear the universe has a crazy way of doing these things...
     "That was way too fast," Barry and I both said in unison as we shared a glance.