9

(Slight Lemon At The End Of This Chapter)
     The familiar blinding lights of the S.T.A.R Labs cortex clouded my vision for a moment as I blinked and rubbed my eyes. I sat up from my bed and examined the room I was in, which was different than the first time I woke up. It was some sort of medical area with a glass divider separating it from the cortex. In the other room I could hear Cisco and Barry.
     "Hello?" I asked into the empty space. I could see that I was once again wearing my S.T.A.R Labs attire. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and stood up slowly.
     "Chloe?" I could hear Barry ask in the other room. His footsteps grew louder as he approached the room and appeared in the doorway. "How are you feeling?" Barry asked as he approached me.
    "I feel alright...What happened?" I asked. The details of the incident were a little fuzzy. "I wasn't in another coma, was I?". I scratched my head as I tried to recount the events. Caitlin entered the room with her clipboard and shook her head as she examined my vital screens.
    "You suffered a minor concussion and had a lot of deep cuts from the glass shards that penetrated your suit. You lost some blood, but thanks to the suit's thick design the glass didn't do maximum damage." I took a few steps away from the bed and gathered myself before walking into the cortex. "You were out for a few hours, but your injuries are all healed. Barry's broken ankle and ribs were all healed too".
    "Thank you for all your help, Caitlin," I said before walking into the cortex. Cisco was typing away at his computer and tinkering away at some sort of machine.
    "Sorry about the suit, Cisco."
     "Not your fault..." Cisco replied. "I should really be sending the bill to Mardon, but he's got a lot of debt on his plate, even with the money he ran away with. Millions of dollars in damages to Central City Bank, not to mention hospital and therapy bills of those involved...Besides, it wasn't that hard to fix," Cisco said from his chair as he pointed to my suit in pristine condition in the suit closet. "Stitching and a very heavy duty, bleach free cleaner". I approached Cisco and patted his shoulders.
   "You're the man."
     "I've been waiting for someone to say that." Cisco and I shared a laugh.
    "Any new developments? I see you're working on some sort of device here". I pointed to the machine Cisco was working on. He had a screw driver in hand and a was picking through a pile of what looked to be scrap metal.
    "No new signs of Clyde, but i've been working on the device we discussed earlier. Y'know, the one that is supposed to drop the atmospheric pressure so Clyde can't use his powers". I pointed a finger high in the air as I recounted the discussion we had prior.
    "I do remember...And how are the citizens?".
     "All alive, getting the treatment and rest they deserve," Wells said as he entered the cortex and stopped in the center close to Barry. "You two should get some rest. There's a lot more work ahead". I shook my head at Wells' response.
     "Thanks to you, Dr Wells, as I do recall, you were the one who put both Barry and I directly in the line of fire today. With no training, I may add! What were you thinking?" I asked sternly. Wells pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose.
     "What I was doing was preparing you for the tasks ahead. You don't always get an ease into things, sometimes you are just presented with opportunity."
     "If by 'opportunity' you mean danger, then you did a good job," I said making air quotes. "Next time a little warning would've been nice before my life was at risk".
     "Sorry to tell you, but you don't always get a warning," Wells said before wheeling around and turning his back to me. He began flipping through papers. "Now, go home," he said sternly. "If something happens, we'll let you know," Wells said before he grabbed a few papers and disappeared into another room attached to the cortex. 
    "We'll keep you updated," Cisco said insistently. I then looked over at Caitlin nodded in agreement with Cisco's statement. After saying goodbye to the two, Barry and I went back to my house.
     After walking through my front door, I turned on the lights and placed my keys on the table. I then took off my coat and placed it on my coat rack before taking a few steps into my living room and sinking down into the comfort of my couch.
     "We've had quite a day, haven't we?" Barry asked as he took off his coat and joined me on the couch. He looked up at the ceiling and sighed.
     "I still can't help but think about Wells' actions. Putting us in direct danger like that...".
     "I know...But we told them we were up for the job. It's not like we really had the choice. Innocent people were going to die. All that matters now is that we're here now, and we've learned from this encounter". Barry wrapped an arm around the back of my neck, and I cuddled deeper into his chest. "I'm just glad you're okay. Seeing you lying there hurt like that...I don't know what I would've done if something happened to you."
     "You did the right thing, Barry. Saving those people is what really mattered. We were putting our lives at risk taking this job, not theirs". I took hold of Barry's hand and interlocked our fingers together.
    "It's just hard because I want to save everyone," Barry said as his voice trembled. "I can't protect you out there like I can here. If something happens to you out there, that's on me. I would never be able to forgive myself if something were to happen to you". I broke from Barry's grasp and looked him deeply in the eyes.
     "You need to listen to me, Barry..." his green eyes trailed to the floor before settling on mine again. I took his hands in mine. "I want to have a life with you here," I motioned to my house. "But we also are a part of something at S.T.A.R Labs. It does complicate our personal lives a little bit, but we shouldn't let that change it." Barry looked up at me and nodded, wiping away a tear. At this time, my eyes were beginning to fill with tears. "We haven't been a couple for very long, but our love runs deeper than that label. Our relationship is based on years of love, support, and friendship. It seems like it's too soon to know for sure, but I know I want to be married and have your children someday. But despite the future approaching quicker than expected, we have to focus on the present and live in the moment...I love you, Barry Allen." Both of us stared at each other intensely. "Nothing in the world will ever get in the way or change that". As if that moment couldn't be more loving, Barry and I leaned in, our lips meeting into a passionate kiss. We held the kiss for a few seconds before I pulled back slightly. Barry's hands trailed to the small of my back and pressed me closer into his body. I didn't know where this rush of emotion and passion came from, but I was curious to see where it would go. I then wrapped my hands around Barry's neck and deepened our kiss. I could barely breathe as Barry began trailing kisses down my neck. In one quick move, Barry picked me up bridal style and carried me with his strong arms to my bedroom. He placed me down on the bed gently, still giving me kisses. He then took his shirt off to reveal his muscular figure as he hovered over me and I placed my hands against his bare chest. The kisses soon evolved into something hungrier and more passionate. Eventually, we were deep in love, experiencing things with each other we've never felt before.