24

The lights turned on, and Hartley was standing centered to the lanes. He walked around to everyone of us, asking questions and interrogating us. But as Hartley came over to me, he was interrupted by the sound of another villain.
      "What do you think you're doing?" A familiar voice asked. "The Flash is mine to deal with. You need to leave."
     "I will leave now, but next time be prepared for war," Hartley said before he left.
     "I will let this slide now Flashes, but soon I will have you," Leonard said before leaving.
     "That was close," I whispered to Barry. "We have to get out of here." Eddie and Iris were mesmerized. Barry and I stood up and looked at each other.
     "I think we should head home now," Eddie said grabbing Iris and dragging her out of the alley.
     "We need to tell them soon. We can't keep this for much longer."
     "Not telling them will keep them safe," Barry said.
     "What about Joe? He's a detective Bar."
     "But he needs to stay safe. If we tell---"
     "He could be a great help to the team. He's gonna find out sometime. We should just tell him soon."
      "As much as I hate the idea, we have no choice," Barry said before we linked arms and we walked out. When we got outside, we sped to S.T.A.R. Labs and met with the team.
      "While you two were on your double date, I figured out a way to stop Hartley. In his ears, he must have some kind of device that dampens the sound he gives off and are also necessary to keep the frequencies in balance, so I made a device to reverse those affects. With this little remote, I can control the frequencies in his device and change them. One little encounter with him, and you could have him down with a push of a button."
     "Thanks Cisco!" I said patting him on the back. "Now let's go use this thing."
     "Chloe, it's 10:00 at night. Tomorrow?"
     "Fine!" I said moping around to the exit of the cortex with Barry following. When we got home, we sped into our pajamas and climbed in bed. I fell asleep to the rhythm of Barry's heartbeat and my head nuzzled in his chest.
     The next morning I groaned at the sound of my alarm and squinted to look over at the time.
     "Barry 7:15. Time to get up."
     "We have super speed, why do we need to get up early?"
     "Good point......15 more minutes?" All I got from Barry was a smile, him pulling me back into the bed, and covering me with the blankets. I forgot to set the alarm back, so it was 8:15 when I realized what time it was.
     "Barry we're late....."
     "What?"
     "8:15!" That was all Barry heard and he sprung out of bed. We were out the door after we changed. We ran to CCPD first to check on things there. While we went up the elevator, Barry called Cisco and told him we'd be late to S.T.A.R. Labs.
     "Hey Chloe, Hey Bar. Whats happening?"
     "Nothing much. You?"
     "Just working on cases. There were two metas at the alley last night. You were there....could you give us any info?"
     "Nothing that you don't know. We're gonna head up to the lab."
     "Talk to you later," I told Joe before walking up the stairs and sliding open the door to the lab.
     "Time to get to work," I said before walking over to my desk and opening up the files. Barry and I sped and managed to get all our work done. We were so busy with our work to realize that someone was standing in the doorway.
     "You're the Flashes....."