16

I panicked and didn't know what to do because Barry wasn't responding. Many thoughts surged into my head at that moment. I immediately ran to the waterfront and saw Barry lying on the ground. I knelt down on his right side and examined his body.
      "He's out and no pulse," I said into my earpiece. "He needs CPR...It's a good thing I took that lifeguard course back in high school," I said before I cracked my knuckles and began compressing Barry's chest. After getting no response, I put my lips on his, trying to get oxygen back into his system. Still no luck, I began compressing for a little while longer until I heard Barry cough. I did it...I brought him back to life.
       "Barry?" I asked. He sat up and liked around him.
        "Yeah.....what happened? All I remember is Beth and Eiling and a explosion and---" Barry could have continued, but I interrupted him by putting my lips on his and kissing him. I rented my forehead on his.
       "You saved Central City, and then I saved you. I'm glad you're okay....But we have to get back to S.T.A.R Labs as soon as possible."
       "Beth's dead, so everything's not okay," Barry said, standing up and wiping his face. "She didn't have to die. She wouldn't have if I didn't save her. Her death's on me."
        "No it's not," I said standing up and joining his side. "You need to stop thinking that. Yes, being a hero is a lot of pressure, but you're putting more on yourself. Not everything is your fault, and you can't solve every problem."
        "You're right..." Barry said, meeting my gaze. "Now we have to get back to S.T.A.R Labs," Barry said before speeding off.
       "We're here. What did we miss?" I asked as we entered the cortex.
      "Well, other than seeing you run on water, not a lot. CCPD has reported and unusual action recently. We have a new Meta. His name is Tony Woodward and--" I noticed Barry got worried as soon as Tony's name was mentioned. I knew Barry had problems with Tony as a kid, but I thought he was over them. I decided to stop Cisco:
        "Okay Cisco, we'll be on standby. Barry and I have some cases to complete. Thanks for your help," I said before exiting the cortex with Barry.
      "What is wrong with you?" I asked Barry as he took a step back and met me.
        "He bullied me all throughout school. When you lived with us, I didn't say anything because I didn't want to embarrass myself even more. I kept the details to myself because I didn't want to seem like a lamer nerd than I was. Tony would chase me with his buddies and beat me up until they got caught, but I was never fast enough."
        "But this could be your chance, Barry. You could show him how you've overcome this and show him what it's like to do the right thing. Show him that your life is better now. Show him that you aren't that kid you were years ago." Barry looked up at me.
       "Thank you.....CCPD?" Barry asked.
       "Yeah, let's go," I replied before we sped off.
       "Oh, hey Joe, what's up?" I asked when we walked up to his desk.
        "New Meta stuff and petty crimes. What's up with you guys?" My heart stopped. He was growing with suspicion and we haven't told him yet. I don't think I could keep this from him any longer. "Where have you been lately? You used to be here all night working, but after the accident you've been different. Is everything okay?"
        "Yeah, everything's fine. I've just been spending more time with Chloe."
      "Okay, That explains it. I thought you were hiding something...But I want you to know that if anything is happening with both of you, you can talk to me....I have to go interview a witness. I'll talk to you later." Barry and I let out a sigh when Joe left.
       "That was close, but we can't hide this from him forever. Him and Iris one day are going to have to know the truth."
        "For now, they will both be safe if no one knows."
        "I guess you're right," I said before Barry's phone went off. It was Caitlin telling us we had to go back to the team. We told Captain something quickly came up and that we'd make up for it later. We arrived back at S.T.A.R Labs and they had news for us.
      "Update on Tony, CCPD has spotted some unusual action just on the edge of the city. Tony has been seen driving a stolen Jeep and that jeep has been spotted. Witnesses also reported beer bottles and takeout containers lying around. I think you should check it out."
       "On it," I said before suiting up.      
        "You coming?" I asked Barry before he suited up as well. In a flash, Barry and I were on the scene, and the description of the scene was completely accurate. The area was trashed and a yellow jeep door was torn off and broken on the ground. The jeep's interior was just as trashed as around it. Tony came out of nowhere:
       "Look who showed up. Flashes, welcome. Are you here to stop me, because if you are you should turn back now."
       "We're not gonna stop. You're hurting innocent people and we won't let that continue. You've hurt many people in your lifetime and I'm not gonna let you hurt any more. I know that from experience."
        "Aww, so cute. You're getting me all emotional. Now let's play," Tony said sarcastically before his hand turned to metal.
       "Uhh guys..." I said, nervously into the earpiece.
       "We see it too.." Caitlin said.
         "I tried telling you, but you were anxious to leave," Cisco spoke. Tony came at me and swung. I ducked and grabbed his arm. He reacted by throwing me into the jeep.
I shook it off and saw that Barry was on the ground. Tony was pushing over a shelf on top of Barry. I ran immediately and charged at Tony, but I was too late. The shelf had fallen onto Barry and a scream of pain followed. Tony then clotheslined me, grabbed me by the neck, and held me off the ground. He began to compress, shortening my air supply. He continued to speak as I was gasping for air:
       "Poor little girl. It was a mistake that you came here, and now your little boy toy gets to see you dead. But first, let's see who you really are shall we?" He began to pull of my mask until Barry came out from under the shelf and rescued me. Barry distracted Tony, causing him to drop me to the ground. Barry then rescued me again and brought me to safety. Barry hugged me and gave me a kiss to make sure I was alright, but I was horrified when Barry was ripped from my grasp.
        "Sorry to ruin the moment but I have some unfinished business with you. You claim you know me.....I wanna find out your real identity, and when I do I'll make sure everyone in Central City knows. I'll make sure your little sweetheart's identity gets out as well."
      I used the rest of the strength I had left to speed towards Tony and grab Barry. When I grabbed him, I ran to S.T.A.R Labs where Caitlin both patched us up.
      "You're lucky you had each other. Without you saving each other, you both would have been toast."
      "I thought I'd return the favor for all those times you saved me," I said.
      "But you brought me back to life. That can't be returned by any favor."
      "But you bring me back to life every time you smile," I said to Barry.
      "Ugh...the thirst is so real. Just kiss already!" Cisco said before I grabbed Barry by the collar of his shirt and kissed him.
     Barry and I went home after a long day, and chilled on the couch. But being a hero means having a life that's always interrupted and that's exactly what happened. Except, this was urgent. Joe called me and I was shocked to hear what he had to say.
      "What's wrong?" Barry asked me when I got off the phone.
      "It's Iris, Tony has her......"