28

The next morning after our usual morning routine, Barry and I sped over to S.T.A.R Labs and checked in.
"We got a call from Clarissa last night and Stein never made it home. She thought he was with us the whole night, and we thought he was with her. He's gone," Cisco said before I got a call.
"Barry, it's Joe. He needs us to report to a crime scene at the morgue."
"Sorry guys, we have to go....That's a little ironic that there's a crime scene at a morgue......We'll get out as soon as we can. Try to locate Stein. Ronnie may be able to help," I said before we sped over.
"What happened, Joe?"
"Neighbors and witnesses reported that they heard screams and crashes come from here?" Joe said.
"Well the blast marks don't look like ordinary punch marks. These blasts had a very lethal impact. I think a meta may be responsible. We'll check it out. We have a lot going on. Stein's missing."
"Oh my. Do you want me to look into it? I can see if anyone saw him with anyone."
"That would be great. We need as much information as we can get. How are the cases?"
"The usual amount. Cap will get mad if you don't get on it. He's starting to suspect something."
"Thanks Joe, keep in touch," I said before we sped to CCPD and went up to the lab. We worked on our cases and finished them in record time. We sped out of the lab and over to S.T.A.R Labs as quick as we could to see if any information was found.
"Any new developments?" I asked.
"Eiling is behind this. I hacked into all the traffic cams and Stein was abducted off the street. We also found out that Ronnie and him are still connected. We were thinking that Ronnie could communicate with him somehow.....maybe telepathically."
"I don't think that's a possibility. But they are going to need to merge again soon."
"Guys......We have to hurry! They're going to kill him. They're electrocuting him!" Ronnie said before he broke the glass sitting next to him and began to write along his arm.
"Ronnie STOP!" Caitlin yelled. "He's cutting himself!"
"Wait...he's spelling something," Barry said. Ronnie had spelt: "Wher R U?" on his arm. Ronnie hesitated and Stein replied within a few seconds.
"I'm not getting anything. All I'm getting is taps."
"Maybe that's a message....Like morse code..... Speak them as you hear them..." Cisco said.
"Tap, tap tap...tap, tap, tap.....tap tap, tap, tap...tap..." Ronnie quoted.
"He's at the military base just past here. It all makes sense. Go!" Cisco said. I didn't understand, but I'm guessing it was some sort of code.
When we were all suited up, we sped right in where Stein was held. We quickly untied him and almost got away, but Eiling stopped us. He threw a cube towards us, and I jumped in front of Barry and Stein. The cube burst open, and small porcupine like needles shot out, entering every inch of my body. I fell to the ground in pain and tried to move. Barry's first instinct was to run over to me, but I told him to go and get Stein to Ronnie.
        I heard through my earpiece that they met up and merged. I was happy that things with them were okay, until Eiling retaliated. I wasn't there to witness the fight, but I heard Cisco and Barry going back and forth about fighting Eiling and how they were going to keep him away. I laid motionless until Barry sped me out of there, and back into the lab. As we were speeding away, the base exploded behind us, leaving Eiling's plans destroyed.
When we got to the lab, Caitlin tried helping me remove the pricks. Barry was there by my side the whole time and he never left. When the pain was over, I realized we had another meta and we had other business to take care of.
"Barry...call Joe and tell him--"
"I already did. Now that you're awake, I'm going to go talk to Stein," he said before kissing my head and heading over to where he was sitting. I couldn't really make out the conversation, but I know that Barry was excited and confused by the expressions on his face. The only part I heard clearly was: "You really think we can time travel?".
After he said that, like I meant to interrupt their conversation, I got sick and every one in the cortex rushed to my aid.