25

I whipped my head around to reveal Joe with his jaw dropped. He didn't speak, but I could tell that he was blown away.
     "Joe......Joe....calm down. I know its a lot to process and it's a big secret to keep. Please promise you won't tell."
     "I still can't believe it.....It's really you guys. You were there the night that I shot Clyde......You were who they were looking for at the alley last night......You are the two that go around saving the city. I don't even know where to start."
      "We didn't tell you because we wanted you to stay safe. There are people constantly after us, and if any of them get the names of people we are associated with, they're are an easy target. We were going to tell you bu---" Barry said before Barry's phone went off.
     "It's Cisco," Barry said before answering his call. When the call ended, he turned to me and said:  "Sorry to interrupt, but Hartley's been spotted. We have to go."
     "Okay," I said before walking to the closet and grabbing our bags. I tossed Barry's to him and we changed into our suits. Joe seeing us suited up in person made him more shocked.
      "See you around detective...." Barry said nodding and speeding away with me following. We arrived at S.T.A.R. Labs and Cisco immediately told us where we needed to go.
     "He's downtown. Take this," he said handing me the button. Barry and I sped off and stood before Hartley in the square.
     "Well well, look who showed. Back for more? You played chicken last night and it almost cost you your friends. I know who you are: Barry Allen. Your mistress is quite mysterious, but I know you. And you're lucky you found me now because I was just about to have a meeting with your friends."
    "That's too bad because you're about to meet them," Barry said before clicking the button on the remote. Hartley immediately feel to the ground, grabbing his ears.
     "Make it stop, make it stop. STOP IT, STOP IT!" He pleaded.
      "Cisco, get the cortex ready," Barry told Cisco before speeding Hartley off to S.T.A.R. Labs. When I came into the cortex, I put my suit on the mannequin and noticed Caitlin's interest in her computer screen.
      "What are you doing?" I asked.
        "Oh just some research on our meta," she said nervously. When I walked behind the computers, I noticed her X out a tab.
     "Have you found anything useful?"
     "Just more background info. Hartley used to work here. He was who Ronnie replaced. He always had a shady side, and Wells got too sick of it. When he was fired, he told us that he would get revenge on us, and this I guess was what he meant."
      "Alright Cait, what's up? I know somethings going on."
     "I'm being followed."
      "On what? Instagram, Twitter, Vine, Pinterest, Facebook...."
     "By a person. I was at the mall yesterday, and I saw a reflection of a persons face through my car window. When it disappeared, I followed it, and I rounded the corner to see a man of Fire in front of me. He turned around to look at me and it was Ronnie."
     "That can't be. He died when the accelerator exploded."
     "Well it's him. Iris has been doing some blog entries on the burning man, so I was just about to head over to Jitters to ask her about them. I'm also going to meet with this other scientist there that could give me some insight."
     "Good work Caitlin. I'm going to head to the pipeline to talk to Hartley. See you later."
     "Thank you Chloe!" She said hugging me before I left.
     "Good thing you're here. He hasn't been talking at all. The only thing he could give us is not to trust Wells," Barry said as he noticed me come in.
      "He's in a wheelchair. What could he do?" I asked. 
      "Exactly!" Barry replied.
      "Let me talk to him alone," I said before Cisco and Barry left the pipeline.
     "What are you going to do to me? I'm in this tiny box and you can't touch me. And you're too scared to hurt me."
     "Am I?" I said before taking out the remote, pushing the button and cranking up the dial to the max.
     "STOP! Ahhhhh, I'll talk, I'll talk..."
     "Tell me everything from when you first worked at S.T.A.R Labs until now."