27

Barry and I uncovered Caitlin when it was safe, and ash was flying all around. There was a big crater left at the site of the explosion, and no signs of life were present.
       Caitlin ran into the crater despite the conditions, and knelt down by Firestorm's limp body. She was about to turn around and walk away, until she felt an arm grab hers:
"Cait?" he asked.
"Ronnie!" She said kissing him passionately. They held the kiss, but were interrupted by another voice.
"I think I'm going to need some clothes....." Martin said to us. We brought them back to the lab and ran tests on both of them.
"Ronnie, glad to have you back pal," Cisco said giving him a bro hug.
"Indeed Mr Raymond. It is also a pleasure to have you too Dr Stein," Wells said.
"So what's the prognosis doc?" Stein asked.
"That device was successful at separation you guys, but your cells are dependent on eachother. You are going to have to merge soon."
"Lets try!" Ronnie said. He walked up to Stein and they stuck out their hands. Within seconds, a shadow of orange mist revealed one figure standing among us.
"It worked. How are they going to split?"
"Push the button on the splicer," Cisco said before Ronnie pushed it and they became 2 again.
"Um......Dr Ramon, though we are physically separated, I'm still inside Ronald," Martin said.
"There has to be a better way to rephrase that. I will work out some algorithms and Dr Snow will work out some tests."
"Thank you! I need to get some fresh air. See you around!" Stein said walking out of the cortex.
"So Cait, how about pizza and a movie?" Ronnie asked.
"Sounds good!" She said before exiting the cortex with him.
"Chloe, how about we go to Jitters?"
"I'm down for a coffee. Talk to you later Cisco!" I said before exiting with Barry. We went to Jitters and noticed Eddie was sitting in the corner.
"Hey Eddie, what are you waiting for?"
"Iris to get on her break. Would you guys like to do trivia with us tomorrow? I hear it's really good here and we all had a good time bowling."
"We'd love to. Thanks for asking! When is it?"
"Tuesday at 6. We get free food and drinks here. The winner gets a gift card here as well as a gift certificate for any store in Central City."
"Sign me up!" I said slamming my hand against the table. Everyone looked at me and I felt embarrassed.
"See you soon!" I said to Eddie before we left. When we went home, Barry was so eager to sit on the couch and talk.
"So what's up?" Barry asked excitedly.
"I'm confused....you're with me everyday and you know everything about me. What more do you expect?"
"Well, now we have time to talk about the future and the rest of our lives. We never get to sit down and talk about these things."
"What are you asking?"
"We'll we're not getting any younger and I really love you. I want to have a future with you and I don't want the Flash stuff to get in the way of that."
"Barry I feel the same way, but this is always going to be in the way. I keep telling you this but this is our life. What if we do decide to have kids? I can't stop being Flashette and go help people because it doesn't work that way. Crime won't stop because I want it to. I know how much you want children and right now, that is the reason why it's hard. I know this isn't what you want right now, but helping the city is our top priority right now."
"No it isn't. You are," Barry said before he kissed me. I returned the kiss and we held it for a few seconds. But the night became more than just one passionate kiss.