10

With a yawn and outstretched arms, I woke up from a deep sleep. The sunlight brightened up the room as I tried to sit up. I found myself unable to move. I noticed quickly Barry's strong arms wrapped around me, and my hand on his bare chest. I brushed the stray pieces of my mangled hair out of my face and looked up at Barry's peacefully sleeping face. A small smile crept onto my face at the remembrance of last night's events. I've never felt more closer to a person ever in my life. I'm glad that things were going well with Barry and I. I certainly didn't expect our relationship to be going as fast as it was, but it's hard to take thing slow when you have a super speed lifestyle. I also didn't expect this kind of feeling from Barry. Romantic, that is. Barry was always more nerdy and reserved. More of the type to admire someone from a distance than go after them. But once you got to know him and he opened up to you, you could see he was very caring and protective when it came to the ones he truly cared about.
      "Good morning, Baby," Barry said groggily, stirring and looking down at me with a smile.
      "Morning Bar," I replied. He moved his arm from around my waist and his hands settled on my bare lower back. I propped myself up on my elbows as I remained pressed against Barry's chest.
    "Last night was...." Barry said with an even wider grin. "Amazing...Would you believe me if I said it was the first time ever?" he asked. I shook my head. "The first of many...Certainly not our last." I managed to wriggle out from Barry's grip and took hold of one of the blankets that sat at the foot of my bed. I then slunk out of bed and wrapped the blanket around my body. My bare feet met the cold floor for a few seconds as I walked along the wooden floors to the rug in the center of my room.
     "As much as I'd love to bask in the warmth of last night, we have three scientists waiting for us and a day of training...Hopefully...To get to...Let's just hope we don't get thrown in the ring of fire again today," I said as I walked to my closet and picking out a pair of sneakers, running leggings, and a S.T.A.R Labs T-shirt. At this point, Barry was out of bed and pulling some athletic clothes out of his bag and changing. As he changed, I took a few steps into the bathroom and placed the clothes on the edge of the sink. I proceeded to take a quick shower, allowing myself to think and relax as the warm beads of water coated my skin. After a minute or two, I turned off the water and wrapped my towel around my body. I stepped out of the shower and dried off, changing into my athletic outfit. I opened the door with my toothbrush in hand to see the room empty. I rinsed my mouth out, brushed my hair, and shut the light off before stepping out of the bathroom. My eyebrows furrowed as I tried to locate Barry.
   I stepped into the hallway, and my nostrils were suddenly filled with the smell of warm, buttery pancakes. I licked my lips as I walked down the stairs to see Barry in the kitchen with his back turned.
    "So you're a forensic scientist, a superhero, a son, an amazing boyfriend, and a chef? Is there anything you can't do?' I asked as I took a seat at the counter and continued to watch Barry. He turned off the stove and turned around with a giant stack of pancakes in his hand.
     "I do it all, baby," Barry said with a smirk as he placed the plate of pancakes down on the table. He turned around to face the stove again for a moment, this time returning with a tray of plates, silverware, bacon, napkins, and orange juice. He placed it down and set everything up. I studied the giant stack of pancakes.
     "We had an amazing night, we get up before our alarm clock even goes off, and we have time to enjoy breakfast together? This is something I never thought would happen," I said as I placed a few pancakes on my plate and plucked a few slices of bacon off of the tray. Barry sat down across from me and we began taking bites of our breakfast.
     "It's pretty safe to assume that our lives will be a constant state of unusual occurrences and uncertainty," Barry said as he took a bite of his pancake. "That is until we figure out this whole superhero thing".
   "Well there is one thing I am certain about..." I trailed off. My relationship with Barry has moved rather quickly, but both of us don't mind. For sure, it will last a while. I'm confident in any relationship based choice I make with Barry, and I know that he feels the same. Spending a lot of time, and especially being closer, had led me to think about Barry and I's relationship and where it's going. Barry's eyebrows furrowed and he tilted his head. He looked puzzled.
     "It is very clear that our relationship is going well, and our bond is very strong. We're both comfortable around each other and really thrive when we're together." Barry's expression began to soften. "You've been staying here a lot anyways, so I was wondering if you wanted to move in with me...This house is way too big for me to be living here all alone, and it's just me here since my roommates moved away. I know you don't want to leave Joe alone since Iris and Eddie moved in together, but I think he'll understand and be happy for us". Barry's expression transformed from soft to a big smile. He stood up from his seat across from me at the counter and walked over towards where I was seated. I stood up to meet his figure. He placed his hands on my hips and pecked my lips.
     "I would love to, Chloe," Barry said before I smiled and got up on my tippy toes to meet his lips once again. I smiled into the kiss and took in his warmth for a second. His body and comfort was something I never wanted to let go of. We broke the kiss and looked into each other's eyes deeply before the sound of my phone broke the silence. "You get that, i'll clean up," Barry said as he disappeared into the kitchen. I walked into my living room and took my phone out of my pocket to see Cisco's name on the screen.
     "Where are you guys?" Cisco asked. I could see from the top of my screen that we were going to be late once again. "You're training today".
     "We're on our way. Just finished up with breakfast".
    "Uh Huh..." Cisco said sarcastically.
    "We did, Barry made pancakes," I said innocently.
    "You know what that means," Cisco mumbled...
     "What?" I asked quickly.
     "Just get here as soon as you can, we'll be here waiting," Cisco said quickly before hanging up the phone. I placed my phone back in my pocket.
    "All cleaned up...What did Cisco want?" Barry asked as he rubbed his hands together. "Kitchen's all clean so we can head out."
    "Perfect timing," I said, taking a few steps towards the door. After Barry and I put our coats on, we sped over to S.T.A.R Labs.
     "Nice to see you two," Cisco said from behind his computer as Barry and I stopped in the center of the cortex and fixed ourselves. I brushed my windswept hair out of my face and fixed my coat. "Pancakes, huh?" Cisco asked, wriggling his eyebrows as he got up and stepped towards us. "Busy night?".
    "Excuse me?" I asked Cisco sternly. He shrugged his shoulders.
    "C'mon...Girl has near death experience, boy is afraid he's going to lose the girl, she turns out to be okay, they have a big declaration of love and emotion, and seal the deal with a night to remember. The next morning, he makes her pancakes." I looked at Cisco with a confused, but direct facial expression.
    "I'm still not getting it..." I trailed off. "What are you getting at, Cisco?" I asked, crossing my arms.
    "In simple terms..." Cisco said softly. "You guys got it on!" Cisco exclaimed. He began mumbling the words to Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On", and I could hear Caitlin chuckle at Cisco's display from the back of the room.
    "Was it really that easy to figure out?...You got us...We totally did," Barry said before Cisco approached him with a hand in the air. They high-fived. I punched Barry in the shoulder.
     "Barry!" I exclaimed. He winced and rubbed his shoulder.
      "Is it getting hot in here?" Cisco asked jokingly as he tugged at his shirt.
      "MR RAMON!" Dr Wells' voice boomed through the cortex as he appeared. "May I remind you that we have training and a meta-human to catch, both tasks that require complete focus and dedication." Cisco walked back to his seat and sat down in his chair, typing at his computer.
    "What's new with Clyde?" Barry asked, crossing his arms in front of his chest.
     "I was working on that device to try and stop Clyde, but then I realized that I didn't have to... You two can have the same effect on Mardon that the machine could. If you run around him at your speed, it will act almost as a vacuum and drop the atmospheric pressure so he can't use his powers".
     "And as Dr Ramon works on the details of that plan, as well as how we're going to find Clyde, you two can move onto your training," Wells said before wheeling into a different room attached to the cortex. This was a room both Barry and I had never seen before. Within it was a wide variety of panels and controls. A glass divider above the control panel separated another room attached. Within the included room Wells lead us in was a treadmill and some sort of fighting machine.
     "Dr Ramon made this dummy remote controlled, and we can operate it from inside the other room." Wells motioned to the room on the other side of the glass where Caitlin was now standing in. "Its a...somewhat realistic target you can practice on...".
    "And we could't use each other because--".
     "Don't kill my vibe!" Cisco yelled from the other room. "I didn't spend all night working on it for nothing!". I chuckled and watched Wells wheel back into the attached room.
    "We also have ice and bandages standing by." Caitlin's voice boomed through the room. She spoke into a microphone, and there were speakers within this room.
    "WAIT!! Something very important I wanted to discuss before you began...". Ciscos voice travelled as he quickly appeared next to Caitlin and Wells.
     "H-hold...Gotta catch my breath...One of those moments where I wished I could teleport or something...". Cisco held up a finger and stood for a moment to catch his breath. He gathered himself and pressed down on the microphone button. "You two have the team, the smarts, the gadgets, and the suits, but you don't have names..." Cisco stated. I looked at Barry.
    "You're right. We were so quick to jump in, we didn't even think of that."
    "I've thought about it a little bit. How does 'The Streak' sound?" Barry asked. I shook my head. "What? That's the name Iris has been using in her reports".
   "If your goal is to scare citizens into thinking you run along the streets naked, go right ahead."
    "Every superhero has that clever name that defines them. You need something creative and bold...Something that stands out. News reports are emerging about two flashes of light zooming down the streets."
     "If 'Zoom' is what you're hinting at, that sounds too maniacal".
    "I'm usually rapid fire at these things...C'mon!" Cisco said as his head fell into his hands. "You guys run around the city at supersonic speeds. Saving people in a flash..." Cisco's head perked up quickly and he pointed a finger in the air. "The Flash!" Cisco exclaimed. Barry nodded.
    "Has a nice ring to it...I love it...The Flash...I could get used to that".
    "And using his name as a jumping off point, i've come up with your name," Cisco pointed to me. "At first I thought 'Girl Flash' or 'Lady Flash', but they put even more labels on your age and identity. You need a name that can stick with you through time and people will remember. That's why i've decided on..." Cisco paused, leaving the group in suspense. I was especially eager to hear what Cisco had to say. "...Flashette..." I paused for a moment and replayed the name in my head. I was in love, and it was perfect. Short, sweet, and easy to remember. And even corresponding with Barry's.
      "Rolls off the tongue nicely...I love it!" I clapped my hands together. Having a cool name certainly made me more confident and excited to begin our training and work as heroes. "You really are good at the naming thing...", I said as I pointed to Cisco with a smile. He smiled back and held up a thumbs up.
    "And now that we have this established and no more further distractions, let the training begin...".