26

I had Hartley tell me everything, but Cisco got more information than I did. Cisco found out that Martin Stein and Ronnie fused when the accelerator exploded. And Caitlin found out more information on F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M from that scientist she met at Jitters. Iris was able to contribute as well with the information from her blog.
     "So how are we going to get them?"
      "I've been tracking him. Right now he's under the bridge," Caitlin said. After she finished, I was already suited up and on my way to the bridge.
     "Ronnie?" I asked him as I got closer.
     "That's not my name.....It's Firestorm," He said before flying away with a trail of fire blazing behind him.
     "Well that's new. I'll head back and we can find another way. Cisco check all traffic cams and all the satellites in the area."
     "Already on it."
     "Barry, speed around and see if you can find him. Caitlin, try to come up with a new tactic to find him and i'll meet you back at the lab," I said.
      "What's new?"
      "Well, I found out the name of Martin Steins wife. She could be of some help."
      "Cisco?"
      "I got Firestorm the corner of 7th and 8th."
      "Lets go," I told Barry. "Caitlin, you're coming too," I said before grabbing her and speeding to Mrs Stein's house.
     "Clarissa, nice to meet you. Sorry to come here on such a short notice, but we have some information that is very important."
     "Is it about the person who's been breaking and entering?"
      "What?" I asked.
     "Someone has been coming into my house and pretending to be my husband....Or at least he says he is,but I've never seen him before."
     "That's the thing....It is Martin....and someone else. We were wondering if you'd like to help."
     "If it means getting Martin back, then i'll do it."
     "Let's get going then," I said before Barry got Clarissa, I got Caitlin, and we sped off. Cisco gave us the location so it was easy to find him under another bridge rubbing his hands for "warmth." ;) Clarissa and Caitlin approached him with us close behind.
      "Martin?," Clarissa asked with an outstretched hand. He went farther away as she came close. But he got close and took her hand when he realized it was okay.
     "Clarissa?" he asked.
     "It really is you.." she said hugging him. When they broke the hug, I decided to speak up:
     "We can help you. You need to come with us. We can help separate you two so you can go back to your lives, is that alright?"
     "Yes," he said.
      "What do we do?" I asked Cisco through the earpiece.
     "I have created a device called the Quantum Splicer which will separate their DNA from each other. But there is a downside. If it fails, they both blow up like a big bomb and they die," Cisco said through the earpiece.
     "Thanks Cisco for scaring us all, but we will do anything to fix these two, and we will take any risks. We will go to the outskirts of town to ensure no one gets hurt. Caitlin, Barry, and I will go. Barry can get the splicer and meet us there. Firestorm, can you follow me?" I asked before he nodded.
     "Try to stay close," I said before I picked up Caitlin and ran to the location. When I arrived, Firestorm came in a few seconds after.
     "Since Barry hasn't come with the splicer yet, why don't I get you cleaned up," I said before speeding away and later coming in with scissors. His hair was no longer long and mangly, but was short and more Ronnie looking.
       "Better..." I said. Firestorm walked up to Caitlin unexpectedly and kissed her just as Barry arrived with the splicer.
     "That was from him," Firestorm said before Caitlin smiled and Barry walked up with the splicer.
     "When I put this on you, you have to push this to activate it. Okay?" he asked.
     "Got it," Firestorm said before stepping back. When he was far enough away, he pushed the button. Straps attached around his body and the device glowed red. We knew what was coming before it happened. Barry and I huddled around Caitlin to keep her from the danger: a catastrophic blast that left ash and dust flying around our heads, and the ground shaking.