Chapter One

“Mama, papa, where are you!?” I cried. I heard no answer.

“Mama, papa, answer me! Where are you?” I cried again. I was choking on the smoke.

I was falling over my own feet and my vision was going spotty and red.

I was only five and I was scared. My heart was pounding in my head.

It had all been started by a pokemon. It was an infernape who lost control while using blaze and it caught out house in a massive forest fire.

Suddenly I was grabbed by the armpits and pulled out of my burning bedroom and into the open air.

Everything seemed to twist and turn and I found myself in a castle. Men with white hair left me in a room.

I cried and cried, I knew my parents were dead, now I was an orphan.

A man walked into my room with a little boy by his side. “Wh-where am I?” I asked.

He had green-grey hair and a red plate covered one of his red eyes.

The little boy looked about two years older and had blue-grey eyes. I think it was the man’s son.

“Don’t be scared, we saved you from that fire,” the man said, “I am Ghetsis.”

The little boy stood right by his father’s leg, and almost seemed to hide behind him.

“He-hello,” I stuttered. Ghetsis smiled darkly at me.

“You live here now, what is your name little girl?” he asked me.

I swallowed, “My name is Cyrus, but I don’t want to live here, I want to go back to my parents.”

He shook his head, “Your parents aren’t around anymore, so now you live here, you will have company,” he said.

I didn’t see any company besides the little boy.

“You’ll have Natural, Concordia and Anthea,” he told me, looking back at the little boy.

“But I-“ he shushed me and then left me in the room alone. I took out my poke ball with me pride and joy in it.

My aipom jumped around the room, “Apa, apa.”

I snuggled with my adorable little pokemon. “Nyx, we live here now,” I said sadly.

She seemed happy to just be around though. Nyx never did care whether or not we lived in a tree or a mansion.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door and it was opened. Two girls stood in my doorway.

One had pink hair and the other was blonde.

“Hello,” the blonde girl said, “I’m Concordia.”

“And I am Anthea,” the pink girl said.

“I’m Cyrus and this is Nyx,” I introduced.

They nodded at me. “Have you met our little brother?” Concordia asked me.” I shook my head.

The world around me seemed to spin and blur. My legs gave out and I crashed to the floor in a black out.

I woke up in a bed with someone sitting next to me. He looked about fourteen and he had green hair like Natural only he had chocolate brown eyes.

He had is hand on my forehead like he was checking my temperature.

“You have a fever,” he said.

“Who are you?” I asked. He smiled at me and then I remembered him.

“Kyle, how did you get here? I thought you left four years ago on your journey.”