Chapter Fifteen

I slowly opened my eyes and breathed out. My right hand was chained to the ground of a cell but besides that I was just fine.

I had headphones on my ears playing ‘Voices’, my favourite song in the nightcore section, or one of them at least.

I sat up to see a familiar and unwanted face by the bars.

“Ghetsis,” I spat, I was surprised I was alive if he was here.

He smirked, “I see you still remember my name Cyrus. How about that offer of mine?”

I frowned, “You really expect me to say yes to something like that?”

His eyes narrowed, “After all that trouble I went through to make your life hell, I’d expect a no, but you will say yes.”

Those words were eye-opening for me.

“All of that was you?!” my eyes were drowned in a ruby glow.

“Yes it was, N asking you for a date and then kissing someone else, drowning you, attempt at arresting, the angry cofagrigus, all my handy work,” he pointed out, “I have to admit that my son is a good actor to be able to steal your heart so quickly.”

I growled lowly, “You’re responsible for all of that,” I hissed, “Rot in hell where you belong.”

“You can say yes or become a permanent prisoner,” Kyle pointed out, “Just give in, then again you always were hard headed.”

“It’s a virtue, bitch, who asked you anyway?” I snapped at the both of them.

“So you want to die of frostbite on this island?” he retorted.

I didn’t answer, was he really asking me to choose between that?

“You have an hour before we deep freeze you like a snowsicle.”

The song changed to ‘Ultranumb’ as they left me.

The chain on my hand was rusted and I could most likely break it.

I brought my hand up, knowing it would hurt. 

It smashed with my karate chop and it clattered to the ground.

I walked over to the bars and wiggled them.

“It’s no use,” came a voice from the next cell over, it was N.

“Why are you here Natural?” I hissed sharply.

“Apparently I’ve served my purposes to my father and I’m no longer of use,” he sighed, “And I told you to call me N.

“It’s a good thing to, call it mirror force or karma,” I snorted, tossing my hair.

“You do know that they’re serious about freezing you like a statue right?” he questioned.

“Like I give a damn about what Lord Half Heart tells me,” I muttered.

“Don’t do that before he hears you,” N whispered.

“Shut up N! I don’t live in fear of beasts!”

“Oh, so we’re beasts now?” came Falkner’s voice by the bars in a taunting manor.

I smiled fakely, “Yup, you heard me, you kidnapped a sixteen year old girl for no reason and you’re not very nice because you tried to arrest me,” I responded.

“You just keep talking like that but you know I want you,” he purred, entering my cell and locking the door behind him.

He came closer and closer, so I responded by going around him.