행복

8 months, that's almost a year. Note to my future self: don't ever fall in love again. Having a crush is alright but never give your heart to someone else. Never let someone have this much power of you again.《

Monday morning. Your eyes were still red from all the crying and the pillows spread all over the living room reminded you of your fight yesterday. Your fight with Taehyung. The fight had made you feel like you were still in a relationship with Taehyung. Because back then you used to fight a lot. Your phone vibrated and for a second you had hope. Was Taehyung asking for another date?

Jimin: are you ready? I'll pick you up in 20 minutes, okay? xxxx

Sent: 8:13 am

Saying that you felt bad would have been an understatement. Saying you felt like the devil would come quite close to it.
You quickly got ready and skipped breakfast. The amount of make up you had to use was ridiculous.

Punctually as always Jimin waited for you, a coffee and a croissant laying on your seat. You smiled at him thankfully and gave him a kiss on the cheek. After what had happened yesterday you were sure you wouldn't have to worry anymore about Taehyung crossing your way, trying to become your 'friend'. From now on you would focus on Jimin, 100%.

You studied International Business so a lot of maths and languages were included. Super tiring but you knew one day all this crazy studying would be paid off. The university was quite big, knowing each face was impossible. Still, when you and Taehyung were together everyone knew about you two. The two juniors, together 24/7 and making every party. First year in uni had been quite amazing, but you would make the best out of the second year now. You didn't need Taehyung to be popular. You had Jimin now.
You met at lunch, then in the library and finally the first day after the summer vacation in uni was over. Your boyfriend dropped you at your coffee shop.

"See, see, see who's coming. Is the cutie pie healthy again?", Amber said as you entered.

"Yes I am. Thanks girls for taking care of me.", you thanked them going to the private room to change your clothes.

"No need to thank us. But there's another thing you need to do.", Irene stood right in front of you, raising her eyebrows.

"What?"

"Something happened. And let me guess... It has something to do with Taehyung. Am I right?"

You gulped a bit loudly. Acting has never been one of your talents. You promised them two to tell them everything, just not now. At another time, where it would be more quiet. They accepted and you set a date for Friday night. Even though the girls resisted they couldn't wait that long you told them they could. It was nothing too important anyway, only Taehyung.

Days passed and uni was sucking all the sleep and rest out of you. However Jimin, the perfect boyfriend he is, made sure to make each of your dates entertaining. Tuesday night you went to the cinema which showed a 4D Movie. Wednesday night you went to a park and he had prepared a little picnic making your heart flutter.
As you laid beneath the stars and the moon Jimin was playing with your hair and humming some songs.
It was beautiful and if you could choose you would've pressed the stop button, not wanting this moment to end.

Taehyung hadn't messaged you yet and neither had you messaged him. It's been only three days but back then when you two were in a relationship he used to message you back 2 hours later. He has always been the first one to say sorry and he has always taken the blame on himself. He has even taken the blame on himself when you two knew that it shouldn't be him to say sorry - but you. Was this something he meant by saying that you should think about the mistakes you had done? To be honest, you had never thought about it. And you figured out, thinking about it now would be nothing but a waste of time. Jimin. Your focus is on Jimin now.

It was Thursday evening, right before your shift ended. You were already counting the money when you heard the door open and some high heels stepping inside.
This couldn't be it. It was Barbie and two other girls. Her nose was held up high when they sat down on a table.

"I'm sorry, but we're closing.", you said a bit louder to make sure they heard you.

"After giving me a blue spot on my stomach I think the last thing you should do is serve us.", Taehyung's girlfriend giggled and the other girls joined her.

Amber seemed to sense that something was fishy and as soon as she saw Barbie sitting on the table she gave you a nod. She would handle this.

"Sorry Barbie but like my friend just said, this shop is closing.", she stepped towards them.

"For the record, my name is Krystal. But I'll take the misunderstanding as a compliment. Who wouldn't like to be called a Barbie, right girls?", they giggled again and ignored that they had been asked to leave quite friendly.

"We're closing. Sorry but you have to leave, now."

"But I want to taste the coffee here. My boyfriend said the coffee here is quite good. Not as good as the coffee in the uni of course, but still quite good. So please, serve me."

"We turned the coffee machine down already. Come again tomorrow and we'll be extremely happy to serve you .", Amber was leaning against the table, looking quite dangerous. You were proud of her for holding in her anger. You knew too well what she thought about Krystal.

The girls were about to leave but Krystal refused to.

"I'll just call my boyfriend to pick me up. He wanted to pick me up close to the city anyway since we're celebrating our official one year anniversary.", she smiled dialing a number.

Your fingers started to shake and you felt like shrinking. How come she can celebrate the one year anniversary with him, after she had stolen him from you on your four months anniversary. Why did she get one year with Taehyung and you only six months? This wasn't fair. Amber seemed to notice that you weren't feeling too well and instructed Krystal again to leave. But right in the second Krystal started talking to her boyfriend on the other line.

"Hey prince. Just wanted to let you know you can pick me up. I'm so excited what exciting date you planned again. I hope it wasn't too expensive?"

The girls joined her giggling and Amber was close to vomitting.

"Oh I'm just in a coffee shop.... no, not in that one. You know I would never step a foot in there. Come pick me up, I also have a surprise for you... It's a surprise I can't tell!... okay let me tell you this much: I was shopping some cute stuff you're going to like... love you! Mwah!", she ended the call smirking at you. She held your eye contact while walking towards the door and finally leaving.

"What a bitch, I was so close to slapping her!", Amber put the chairs on the table again.

"I'm so close to crying.", you said quietly.