시작

The evening was spent with Jimin. His contagious laugh never failed to make you smile. You both debated whether you should go to the sea side next weekend or go to Jeju while eating in his living room.

"Don't you think Jeju will be a bit expensive for us two?", you said while biting on your pizza and chewing it deliciously.

"I'm going to ask my parents to pay it for us.", he stood up and went to get some water from the kitchen.

"Excuse me?", you stood up too following him step by step, "I'm going to pay for myself!"

"I'm your boyfriend!", he turned around and raised his eyebrows at you. As if it was the most normal thing for a boyfriend to pay a trip for his girlfriend, an expensive one.

"I know but...", he interrupted you by putting his hands around your waist, pulling you towards him.

"No 'but'. There's something I wanted to tell you for a long time...", he lifted up your chin.

You gulped. He wasn't going to say it, was he? Lying to him was not what you wanted to do, but if he was going to say it you couldn't not say it back. Lie after lie, to make this fake relationship go on. It was an obvious fact that this relationship could not go on any longer. Even though Jimin was the cutest boyfriend ever and cared so much for you, for the sake of your feelings you had to stop it before it would escalate with him getting a major heartbreak. But time to prevent this had probably already run over.

"I... I think I need to tell you something too.", your eyes were still focused on his. But other than his eyes which showed affection yours showed pure fear.

You hadn't broken a heart yet. Taehyung had been your first boyfriend, your first love, your first everything. Leading to you never breaking up with anyone. How did you start to tell the other person, who cherished you and cared for you, that it was over? No chance for them to do anything against it. They could try as hard as they wanted, but feelings couldn't be influenced.

"Let's tell each other next week, alright?", he smiled at you. Probably anticipating your first 'I love you'.

As usual you ran away from your responsibility. Instead of telling him the undeniable truth you decided to keep on hiding. Avoiding the uncomfortable situation as long as possible.
So you nodded, leaving him in hope and yourself in despair.

Wendy came over on Saturday. The first 30 minutes were you two only screaming, screeching and hugging each other. She started by telling you everything about her life in Canada and you listened carefully. Wendy was a funny, positive and ambitious girl who seeked to see the good in everyone and everything.
She enjoyed her life to the fullest but of course behind her thousand jokes per minute and her smiley face were a lot of problems. Her family was spread all over the world causing her to feel lonely pretty often. The asshole of a boyfriend she used to love for a few months had hid the secret that he was actually engaged. Luckily she had found out about it and now she had finally come back to spend some precious time with you.

"What happened here? I don't know how to say this nicely but you look like you've been going through some serious shit!", she clapped your leg a little anticipating what was about to come.

"It's Taehyung.", you said very quietly but loud enough for her to hear.

"T-Taehyung?", her eyes widened and she stopped to breathe.

Ashamed you nodded, staring at the ground.

"What is it with him I thought you have Jimin now?"

And then you told her everything, literally everything what had happened since Taehyung had shown up at the Café until yesterday when you realised it was about time to tell Jimin the truth.
Telling the story made you ride the roller coaster of emotions once again. At the and it was the two of you crying anf Wendy hugging you tightly.