Chapter 7

"Everyone!", Marjorie announced above the loud chattering that assailed the room.

     "Nate is here!", she yelled, smiling when heads turned in her direction.
The loud chattering turned to soft whispers, as their eyes left Nate, and focused on Cameron.

      "Nate is here", Marjorie repeated. "And he has bought with him, his very lovely fiancée– Cameron", Marj informed, a huge smile splitting her face.

   A few cheers, applause, and whispers were all the reactions they got from the persons in the room. A few went towards them and patted Nate on the back, and some greeted Cameron with handshakes and hugs.

      "Don't bother them with questions now!", Marj expelled loudly. "Let them go and unpack...then we can ask them later", Marj laughed, as she went towards Cameron and Nate.

     "You two, go upstairs and unpack", she said to them both. "I think you know which room Nate", she winked then strolled off.

      "Mom!", Nate called.

Marjorie stopped in her tracks and turned on her heels. "Yes son?".

    "Where's dad?", he asked.

    "Oh, he is in town, with your sister, purchasing some things", she informed, then walked off.

For a moment Cameron was just noticing the communication that took place in the family. Although she wasn't apart of the group, she felt the love, and for a short moment, feeling envious of the bond. She no longer had a family, and the short while in which she was given the opportunity to experience such feeling, it was as it was...short and unconventional.

                         ***

Nate placed the bags on the floor, and sighed, as he glanced around the room he had occupied when he had once resided at the mansion.

There was not much change.

The huge four-poster bed, sat in the middle of the room, covered in white cotton sheets, and pillows which occupied half of the bed. A single side table was at one side, with an artificial potted plant.
     The other furniture was nicely polished and rested in the other corners of the house. The floor was carpeted in a thick brown rug and a large two-sided glass door was opened, leading to the balcony.

    He smiled as the sight of the room bought back memories he thought had faded.

     "Nice room", Cameron complimented, jarring him from his thoughts.

     'Thanks", he replied, pleased that she liked it.

There was a smile silence, before Nate spoke.

     "You can unpack your things in the chest of drawers", Nate exclaimed coolly.

     "Nah, it's just a week. I'll let them remain in my suitcase", she said, plopping down on the huge bed.

      "Are you tired?", he asked, hearing the sigh of relief that escaped her lips.

      "Yeah, a bit", she stated flatly, closing her eyes.

     "I can tell the others that you won't –"

     "No!. I will go down to meet everyone", she said hurriedly, cutting Nate off in mid-sentence.

     "But–", he was saying, but was once again cut off by a knocking at the door.

     "It's open!", he called.

Marjorie entered with two glasses of juice on a tray.
She smiled. "I thought you two might be exhausted, so I bought you something refreshing to drink", she explained, placing the tray on a small table.

     "Thanks mom", Nate said, taking a glass and gulping it down in one go.

     "Thank you", Cameron said with a smile.

She grinned and fanned them off playfully. "Oh, don't mention it. You too freshen up and come downstairs. We'll be having dinner at six", she told them, as she walked to the door.

      "See you then!", she said as she opened the door and left.

Nate sighed. "You can sleep for an hour or so, then you can get ready", he suggested.

     "No, I'll wait"

      "Suit yourself then", he shrugged as he strolled to the adjoining bathroom. "I'll get ready first".

    "Sure", she returned lamely, taking a sip of the juice. As soon as the taste registered, she drank everything, the cool liquid sluicing down her throat and relieving her parched throat.

When she was done, she got up from the bed and moved towards her luggage. Contemplating on what to wear, she rummaged through her bag and pulled out a yellow sundress, and undergarments. She folded them and went to the dressing table, where she moisturized her hair and donned it in a single plait.
       Cameron shrugged. Her hair did not require any washing, because, she had done that in the morning.

   She hissed minutes later, when she didn't see Nate emerge from the bathroom. What man took so long in the bathroom, anyway?, she thought with a sigh.
    She smiled when she thought of how spirited and friendly his mother was; bubbly and kind. Her mother on the other hand was the complete opposite. Cameron didn't even want to think about the woman now, she just wanted to place all her efforts on the task at hand.

      She hadn't even realized she was so deep in thought, until she heard Nate repeatedly calling her name. She spun around and saw him, a deep scowl, etched across his face. The look of confusion though, was not what bothered Cameron. It was the damp hair that clung to his head, and the fresh look, which resulted from his clean-shaven face. He was wearing pants, but no shirt!. She swallowed, as she drank in the wide expanse of his shoulders and his buffed chest which was covered with curly black hair. Her eyes traveled to his stomach, which was hard with muscles, that flexed with every movement he took.

        Cameron almost kicked herself, when she realized what she was doing. She was drooling over a man!. She had never done that before...Never! And it wasn't like she had never seen the muscular attributes of a man before...she had. She quickly glanced away from him and grabbed her things from the bed.

       "I'll be out in a few", she exclaimed, as she dashed to the bathroom.

    Nate smiled. She didn't think he had noticed, but he did. She was checking him out!. His plan had worked after all. He had intentionally approached her shirtless, to see the reaction he would get. She wasn't a tough cookie after all. Nate knew the sight of him shirtless, would leave any sensible female rattled...Cameron Crawford was no exception. She could be tamed after all, he smiled. And that was exactly what he planned on doing...Taming Cameron.

___________________________________

Hey peeps, thanks for reading!

If you enjoyed this chapter, show it by giving me some feedback or by throwing some stars my way.

Thank you!
Laters baby!
Xoxo