Chapter 13

Cameron and the other ladies headed to the spa, traveling in a small bus. Cameron sat close to the back, staring out the window, and ignoring the chattering that floated in the bus. Images of the kiss kept popping up in her head, causing her to smile to herself every now and then. It frightened and excited her at the same time, because although the kiss was somewhat simple, Cameron felt it's effect down to her toes. She was frightened in the sense that, she didn't kiss...well not since high school, and she had crumbled all her walls by kissing Nate. Well, she knew she had to kiss him at least once to make things between her and Nate seem real, but she had not expected it to affect her in such a manner. His kiss made her want to have a repeat...another thought that frightened her. She used her fingers to touch her lips, once again reminding her of the kiss and its intensity. She smiled, feeling like a teenager all over again.

"Daydreaming", she heard a voice say.

She immediately snapped out of her thoughts and found Marj seated beside her.

She smiled. "You could say that".

"I'm guessing it's because of an offspring of mine", she winked.

"Well, it's definitely not Katelyn", she chuckled.

Marjorie laughed, her head tilted back in amusement. Cameron couldn't resist joining her...her laugh was infectious.

"Care to share the joke?".

Cameron and Marjorie's laugh ended suddenly when Emily dampened the mood.

"Oh, it's nothing really", Marj exclaimed. "Just a private joke", she chuckled.

Emily folded her arms, a devious glint shining in her eyes.

"Hey girls", she called to the others. When she got their attention, she continued. "We all know how hard it is to charm a bachelor... A player, so I know we're all curious to know how Cameron did it", she announced, with the raising of a challenging brow. Everyone else agreed.

Cameron sighed. "When you know how the game's played, it's not hard to win", she smirked.

Marjorie chuckled and patted Cameron's shoulder. "Good answer".

Emily pouted, her arms folded. "So how did you two meet?".

"He hired me for a spot as his PA, and well I guess we got close", she bit out smoothly.

Emily smirked. "So you are the secretary who seduced her rich boss?. So cliché", she quipped, glancing at the other for encouragement.

"There was no need for seduction. We fell in love getting to know each other", she replied, no one could have ever guessed she was telling a lie.

Emily worked up her mouth. "So Cameron", she began, deciding to play dirty. "Before you fell in love with Nate, would you say you were a player yourself?", she asked, with a devious smile.

Cameron was silent. "Meaning?", she asked lamely.

Emily scratched her chin and looked skywards as if searching for the right question. "Were you promiscuous... Wild?", she then asked blankly.

"No", she replied gravely.

Emily cocked a surprising brow. "Oh so how do you explain sl-"

"We're here!", Marjorie squealed, cutting off Emily.

Everyone exited the small bus, leaving Emily and Cameron, still throwing each other deadly glares.

"The sex must be really good for a man like Nate to want to marry someone like you", Emily scoffed, throwing Cameron an unpleasant once over.

"Then it mustn't have been good for him to leave you", she smiled then stepped around her, causing Emily to seethe silently with anger.

***

She needed a cigarette!
That was the first thing Cameron thought of as she stepped off the bus. She had wanted to slap Emily across the face...still wanted to, and the only thing that would calm her at the moment was a cigarette. She rummaged through her purse in search of one but then remembered that she had disposed of them before she arrived.
Cameron muttered a low curse, and ran a hand across her face.

"Cameron, honey...you OK?", Marjorie asked, startling her.

She smiled stiffly. "Mmhmm, I'm fine".

"I hope you didn't let Emily get to you", she warned.

"Of course not", she lied.

Marj smiled. "Good".

"Er- Marj you can go ahead. I'll catch up", she smiled.

Marj returned the smile. "OK dear, but don't take too long".

Cameron nodded, and glanced around the parking lot, a smile curving her lips when she spotted their driver smoking.
She immediately scurried off in his direction.

"Have any more of those?", she asked.

The man looked surprised for a moment, staring at Cameron blankly. He then quickly pulled a box from his pocket and handed it to her.

"Pretty girl like you, with such an ugly habit", the man said coolly.

Cameron stuck the cigarette in her mouth, while the man voluntarily lit it. She sucked it in, then used her index and middle finger to hold it, slightly opening her mouth as she slowly blew out the cloudy, grey mist.

"Well, we all can't be perfect, can we?", she smiled.

The middle-aged man nodded in agreement. "True, but you're still too pretty to be smoking", he winked.

Cameron grinned and leaned against the bus. "Pretty hurts", she retorted lamely.

She didn't know how much time passed, but she had found it extremely comforting talking to Tom, the name she learned through their conversation. She also learned that he was divorced with two kids. He was a nice enough man, Cameron thought.

She used her boots to press out her third cigarette butt, feeling better than she did before. She gasped when she saw the ladies emerging from the spa. She really hadn't realized how fast the time had flown.
Marj marched forward, a scowl on her face. Cameron muttered a low curse.

"Young lady, why weren't you present in the spa", she demanded.

"I-er-"

"She was too busy puffing cigarettes", Emily intervened. "Look at her feet", she informed, with folded arms.

Cameron hissed. Marjorie looked at her shocked and disappointed.

"You smoke?", she spat in disgust.

Cameron flinched. "I-".

"Oh, sorry ma'am, those are mine. I was just asking Miss pretty here, to stomp on them for me", Tom exclaimed apologetically.

Marjorie's frown lifted. "Oh, I was frightened", she sighed in relief, then glided into the bus.
Emily followed behind, giving Cameron a nasty glare.

Cameron sighed and turned to Tom, mouthing a small thank you. He nodded with a wink.

***

Thanks for reading!!!
Vote/Comment/follow...if you wanna!
Laters baby!