Chapter 16

Cameron stood there silent, a wave of thoughts flashing through her head, all jumbled and confusing. For the first time in a long while, she felt panicked and at a loss of words. She wasn't quite sure, how she'd get herself out of this one.

"Aren't you going to answer me!", Katelyn barked, and Cameron winced, the panic and hysteria in Katelyn's voice causing her to go numb.

She watched Danny from the corners of her eyes and she was shocked to see how composed he was.

"Katelyn this is not what it looks like", he defended cooly.

Cameron rolled her eyes at his choice of words, that being the most overused line ever.

Katelyn snorted. "I'm not an idiot. I saw what I saw!", she exclaimed brokenly.

Cameron suddenly felt guilty and embarrassed. "That was a mistake", she put in firmly.

Katelyn's gaze darted towards her, venom in her eyes. "You!?", she hissed. "How could you? You're engaged to be married to my brother. How could you this to him?", she spat harshly.

Cameron sighed. "It was a mistake and I didn't mean for that to happen", she defended.

Katelyn brushed the tears from her face and swallowed visibly, trying to compose herself, but one could not miss the hurt that was etched on her face.

"I thought you were a nice person, but you're a bitch like most of Nate's girlfriends", she grounded out firmly, then turned to Danny, her lips trembling.

"I want you out of this house now", she croaked, using her hands to hug her body.

"Come on Kate, we can work this out", Danny cut in pleadingly, moving towards Katelyn.

"Don't touch me!", she hissed, just as Danny was about to reach for her. "And as for working this out. I don't think so", she spat bitterly. "I want you out of here", she sniffed.

Danny raked his fingers through his hair and sighed, watching Katelyn dash from before them, and into the house.

He turned to Cameron immediately, only to receive a stinging slap to the face. "Look what the f*ck you just caused!", she spat through tightly clenched teeth.

"You better pray, all goes well Daniel or you'll have hell to pay. Now, you better go and make up with your girlfriend before she does something we'll both regret!", she said then waltz away, leaving Danny to stare at the empty spot she once occupied.

<><><><><>

Cameron moved towards the house, her heart tightening with every step she took. She was furious, frustrated, and fearful at the same time, a series of emotions threatening to overwhelm her. She ignored the dull ache that throbbed at her temples, knowing that it was the start of a shackling migraine.

She increased her pace, desperately wanting to escape to her room and curl up on the warm and soft folds of the duvet. This reunion thing was driving her nerves and she wished it to be over soon.

Cameron gasped when she bumped into something that caused her to stumble backward. She used one foot to balance herself from falling. Looking up, she found Nate staring at her, his face hard, and his eyes, cold and assessing.

She cleared her throat and swallowed, before she raised a questionable brow.

"What the hell is going on?", he asked firmly.

Cameron shrugged uncomfortably, wondering if Katelyn had already gone ahead and informed Nate about everything. "What do you mean?", she asked blankly.