Chapter 14

Nate sat as he pretended to seem interesting in the conversation being held by some members of the family. He was bored and wanted to do something that would rescue him from his current state.

Cameron, a voice in the back of his head hinted.
Nate smiled, that was exactly what he wanted to do. His thoughts drifted to the kiss they had earlier shared, and he had tried really hard to regain control of his body. He knew that a kiss between him and Cameron was never going to be dull, but he hasn't expected it to be so fiery either. He wanted more of it, and he knew that Cameron must've wanted it too.

Nate released a heavy sigh and eased back in his chair. He wondered if Cameron was having a good time, and if Emily was being a buzz kill. He sighed once more, as he rose from his chair, deciding to head to the kitchen for a glass of water.

He strode to the kitchen and froze at the door when he found Danny at one corner talking to someone on the phone. His back was turned and his shoulders seemed tense.

"...I'm not sure when I'll be back", he exclaimed with a sigh. "Yes I'm working on that, just give me time OK... I miss you too. OK bye, love you too", he said then disconnected the call with a heavy sigh.

Nate didn't try to pretend he wasn't hearing the conversation. He stood transfixed so when Danny turned around, he would see that he had heard part of the conversation. It was clear to Nate, that Danny was trying to be discreet with his phone call, because why else would he be whispering and having the conversation in the most secluded area in the house, at the moment?. It was also obvious that he had been talking to a woman...intimately, and it wasn't his sister because she was just outside.

A frown marred Nate's face as he considered the prospect of Danny, cheating on his sister.

Danny spun around suddenly, his eyes widening when he saw Nate leaning against the doorpost, intently staring at him with a scowl on his face. He swallowed nervously, wondering how long he had been there, and how much he may have heard.

"Uh...my mom", he said quickly as soon as the lie came to him. He smiled stiffly at Nate, hoping he wouldn't prolong the matter.

He didn't. Nate only nodded and stepped past him to the refrigerator. Not wanting to give him a second chance to consider, Danny immediately scurried of the kitchen.

Nate watched as he strolled from the kitchen. It was obvious he was lying, but he had decided to give him some more time to commit another mistake... One he would definitely take him upon. He poured the water into a glass and immediately turned it to his head, the cool liquid cooling his burning insides.
He paused when he heard the loud chattering and laughter that erupted on the outside. The most dominant voice being his mother's.

They were back.

Nate immediately placed the glass in the sink and strode from the kitchen. He stopped on the outside as he watched the ladies emerge from the bus, their companions greeting them. Nate searched through the small crowd, trying to spot Cameron. A slight frown crossed his face when he spotted her talking and laughing with the bus driver. Nate wondered what that was all about...deciding to find out, he strolled towards them.

***

"Thanks for the save earlier Tom", Cameron smiled up at the middle-aged man.

"It was not a problem", he grinned. "Did you see that Emily girl's face. As sour as green oranges", he joked.

Cameron laughed heartily. "I thought I was the only one who saw i–".

"What's going on here", a voice cut in.

Cameron spun around to find an angry looking Nate. "Oh hi", she greeted.

Nate cocked a brow and darted a curious glance at Tom.

Cameron got the hint. "Oh, Nate this is Tom. Tom this is Nate, my er...fiancé", she introduced then cleared her throat.

Tom smiled. "Oh so you're the one fortunate enough to have the pretty lady", he said with a wink at Cameron.

She smirked. "Yes very fortunate", Nate smiled stiffly, placing a possessive hand around Cameron's waist. "Now, if you'll excuse us...".

"Sure, see you around pretty lady", Tom called as Nate strolled off with Cameron in hand.

"What was that all about?", Cameron whispered harshly as soon as she was earshot away from Tom.

"What were you doing flirting with the old man", he bit out.

Cameron choked out a laugh. "Are you serious! I wasn't flirting", she said in disbelief.

"Emily has been watching you like a hawk and you're only adding fuel to the fire right now", he ground out through tightly clenched teeth.

"So basically what you're saying is, I shouldn't talk to any male, but you?", she asked gravely.

"And my father", Nate said.

Cameron gasped. "You've gotta be kidding me!".

"I'm not", he confirmed sternly.

Cameron glared at him in disbelief then flung his arm from around her waist, stomping angrily towards the house.
Nate muttered a curse, and sighed when he saw Emily staring at him, with a devious smile on her lips.

Cameron sighed as she flung herself on the soft bed. Her thoughts were going haywire as she thought upon what had happened just moments ago. It was obvious Nate didn't think she was capable enough to pull off the deal. He still thought she was a slut, and possibly feared that she would jump in bed with any man she talked to. Well, at one point she might have, but she was trying to change her ways...but then again, maybe she would just go ahead and do what she did best...Men.

____________________________________
Thanks so much for reading!
Vote/comment/ hope y'all enjoyed!!
Laters baby!
Juju