Chapter 11

The small children were busy playing on the big lawn, while everyone else watched and chatted. Small groups were formed, made for gossiping, the elderly men playing card games.
Nate eased back in his chair, looking at his sister and her boyfriend, whose eyes seemed to travel to Cameron, every now and then.
   Cameron however, did not notice the glares because she was busy talking to Marjorie. Nate didn't like the guy, he didn't think he was a suitable match for his sister. He knew a player, when he saw one, and Danny was definitely one. He wondered though, what was going on between him and Cameron. He knew something was up because he had seen the shock that registered on Cameron's face, when Katelyn had introduced them, and of course that was not the only thing he had seen. He had noticed the lingering handshake that they shared, and although Cameron had denied knowing him, he doubted it. But, only time would tell. He was going to watch them both like a hawk.

"So, Nate. How are you?", a voice cut in.

Nate looked up, his eyes meeting with Emily's. He wanted to leave suddenly, seeing that Emily was the last person he wanted to converse with.

"I'm great", he stated flatly.

"May I sit here?", she smiled.

"Sure", Nate said, not caring if the woman sat on a bundle of thorns.

She sat, leaning forward with her elbows on the table.

"So, I see you still prefer blondes", she grinned, jutting her head towards Cameron and raising a brow.
Nate wanted to laugh. He liked natural blondes...not bottled.

"She's a pretty girl. Kinda looks like a wild one though", she interjected slowly.

Nate sighed. "What are you implying?"

"Do you remember Katey?", she asked, furrowing her brows.

"Yes, your friend Katey?".

She smiled sweetly. "You remember!", she chirped. "Well, anyway, Katey moved to New York a couple of months ago and was engaged to be married. But", she hung her head. "She broke things off with her fiancé, because she found him in bed with some whore", she completed bitterly.

A brow shot up. "That's terrible- but..."

"That whore is your fiancée", she spat.

This got Nate on the edge of his seat. The news shocked him. He hadn't thought Cameron's reputation would come back to bite them in the ass.

He cleared his throat and straightened his posture. "I don't particularly like when people, insult other people in my presence Emily, especially people I love", he ground out forcefully.

Emily paled, then swallowed. "I am telling you the truth, Nathaniel. After seeing her in bed with her fiancé, she decided to find out just who she was, so Katey did a check on her. Turns out she is your Cameron Crawford", she smiled maliciously.

"Well, that's all very unfortunate news, but my darling Cameron has told me all about her past, and I have gotten over it, so I suggest you do the same", he exclaimed harshly, pleased to see the look of defeat on Emily's face.

Nate got up from his chair, and strolled towards Cameron, leaving Emily to gawk alone. He was furious!, but he couldn't allow Emily to think she had won. He strolled towards his mother, and Cameron, both laughing at the conversation they were having. Nate was happy to see that they were getting along but he couldn't contain his anger.

"Mom, can I borrow Cameron for a sec", he smiled, although it almost pained him to do so.

Marjorie smiled. "OK, but no more than a sec", she winked at Cameron, who smiled.

"Is everything alright?", she asked.

Nate held her by the elbow, and led her towards the house. "You'll find out soon enough", he ground out tersely.

***

"What's going on?", Cameron asked, as soon as they were in their bedroom.

"Do you know someone by the name of Katey?", he asked.

Cameron was silent for a while, as if trying to remember. "No", she said blankly.

Nate ran a hand through his hair and muttered a low curse. "Don't lie to me dammit!", she growled.

Cameron cocked a brow. "What the f*ck are you talking about. I'm not lying!", she fired back.

Nate fumed. "So tell me this, did you lie to me earlier? You know Danny don't you?".

Cameron's silence gave her away.

"That's what I thought", Nate stated bitterly.

"So what if I know him. What's wrong?", she exclaimed thickly.

"You know Emily right? Well Emily just told me about her dear friend, who had to call off her engagement, because he cheated?!", he barked.

"So what does that have to do with me?", Cameron retorted blankly.

Nate looked at her in bewilderment. "You! You are the f*cking woman he cheated with!", he yelled angrily.

Cameron was once again silent, the news a shock to her.

"Do you just f*ck with any and everyone Cameron. Don't you at least try to know something about their lives?!", Nate said harshly.

Cameron was still quiet.

"I bet you slept with Danny too", he continued with a scoff. "Or even more people here that I don't know of!", he spat in disgust.

A nerve ticked in Cameron. "Why do you even care?! All of this is fake, and no one is watching us now, so what's the sense in this argument!", she fired back, her voice breaking.

Nate glared at her with fiercely narrowed dark eyes. "What if Emily decides to let everyone know about your slutty ways?", he said harshly, Cameron gasped. "What then Cameron. I'll be screwed and humiliated, but as for you. I don't think you even give a rat's ass about anything", he exclaimed icely.

A tear slipped from Cameron's eyes. She hadn't expected the words to hurt so much, but they did, more than she thought possible.

"Well, I guess the only solution to this problem, would be for me to leave", she said shakily, escaping into the bathroom.

____________________________________

I hope you guys enjoyed it!!!

What did you guys think of the situation? Was Nate's anger necessary? Was he too harsh?

Let me know in the comments! :)