•Prologue•

Just a quick note: This chapter is a little intense but the story is a lot lighter, jovial and filled with humor!

Sana's eyes lingered on the depths of darkness that resided on the other end on the bridge, contrary to the little specks of light that penetrated through pitch black sky. Just with a mere glance, she spotted over thousand stars: the early dawn sky shone bright and proud, yet, not granting enough light to overcome the chaos dwelling within her.

The eerie silence was disrupted by her long breaths. The faint fog wrapped a layer around the bridge, tucking her in like a mother did with a child. For unknown reasons, she found serenity in the spot. It cleared the fog within her, forcing her mind to make a decision.

A nagging feeling remained in heart, silently informing that he would come to stop her. At the same time, she desired freedom, a new beginning in order to forget the past three months. Sana then concluded that destiny was cruel.

As always destiny had played another dirty game with her, making her a puppet in the hands of a contract she signed around three months ago.

Sana sighed, glancing impatiently at the glowing diamond ring. When she raised her gaze, she saw  a whole new world, a whole new life, a whole new set of opportunities waiting for her.

"This is my only chance ", Sana thought as she gathered up her courage and took a few steps forward to the other side of the bridge.

Her footsteps echoed as she saw the early specks of sunlight form vivid patterns in the sky. Her dark brown locks  tossed and turned, matching to the pace of the wind. She settled her hair back into its place and took a deep breath as she reached the end of the bridge.

One more step, then all will be well again, her brain reminded her, urging her to take the last step forward.

As she obeyed her brain, a hard familiar grip on her right wrist caused her to flinch in shock. Before she knew it, she was immediately spun and pinned across the railing of the bridge.

She peeked through her lashes to see the ruthless pair of blue eyes staring right back. A shiver of nervousness zipped through her body as his grip on her wrist hardened. His eyes reminded her of the fire residing within a lamp; burning everyone who came near yet giving the warm and solace from a distance away.

His face barred unknown emotions;  inches away from hers, strained creases painted his forehead. Her hand itched to reach forward and brush them off.

A mere day ago, she wouldn't have given a second thought in raising her hand to brush his hair off; but now, there was a clear struggle between her mind and and her heart. His warm breath swept through her face, her traitorous body instantly reacting to him.

Their unspoken words created a layer of thick tension between them; so thick that it took every ounce of her strength to attempt to vocalize her thoughts through her parched throat. She averted her gaze from his, unable to take more of this deadly glares. He grabbed her other wrist, which was leisurely fidgeting with the sides of her knee length black dress, and pinned it against the railing to grab her attention back. She tried to release herself, but her lean, slim figure was no match to his muscular one.

"If you wanted to go on a midnight tour, a warning would have been great. Where are we going?" he mustered a joke yet she knew better, for she noticed the deep indignation beneath them.

"To home," she mumbled in a low whisper, his eyebrows raised in confusion while she just glared back: blankly yet ounces of confidence radiating off her.

"I suppose it is the other way," he said back in disbelief, sounding confused.

He let go off her hand, his face now brightly lit as the sun peeked from the array of clouds. Its light gently reflecting through the surrounding, adding more depths and layers into his sea, blue eyes. His eyes reminded her of the calm ocean before a high tide.

The serenity before a storm.

"Not yours but to mine," she replied as calmly as possible, attempting to fight off the smirk which  traitorously revealed itself at the edges of her mouth when she noticed his change in expression as her words registered in.

"We are married, it is our home," he snapped in hoarse voice, his eyes widening in disbelief.

Marriage. A simple two syllable word that surpassed the weight of any other word. In their marriage, both of them became one yet remained two.

"Married?"she said in a mock tone, "Are you sure we are married because the last time I checked, you seem to be gaining all the benefit. All the property, all the status, all the luxury."

"How do you know?" he asked back in a stiff voice, as if a child is caught by a mother stealing candy.

"You gave me the wrong papers yesterday," she mumbled back in response.

Aarav was a man of caution and secrets. The two intertwined to create a deadly combination. He knew exactly what game to play and when; there were not many instances that he made mistakes. When mistakes did happen, they usually lead to the worse.

Aarav let his mind drift back to the papers he gave her last night. Insurance papers for her car: that's all he had given her. With further pondering, an image of the lawyer's papers struck his mind. Did he give her the contract papers?

"So, you're leaving because of that?"  he asked huskily with a tint of concern filling his eyes.

She gave him a tight nod as her innocent eyes started to tear up, the happiness in them started to crush down and the trust he once had seen were only filled with distrust and hatred.

Not because he betrayed her. It was because, destiny played another cruel game with her. Trusting him took her months and it was all lost in merely hours.

"Look, we agreed to have a fair deal. I agree, we didn't marry under normal circumstances but we did make a fair deal. Right now, I don't see anything that is fair. At the moment, you are gaining everything you wanted to marry for and you don't seem to even think about my share of the deal. The deal was that you get what you want and I get you want if we keep up this trance for nine months. Guess what? I break this deal. Right now. Right here. I don't care what you have to say about this, I am leaving everything," she ranted off in a mild whisper.

Aarav gazed in awe at the sternness in her voice, remembering that it was the determination within her that attracted him towards her. She wouldn't give up anything without a fight, which is what got them here. An accidental fight.

"Even me?" his voice softened, taking a step forward, towards her.

"Yeah," she scoffed finally with barely any sound in her voice.

Aarav was a little taken aback at that, "You are leaving?"

"Are you actually leaving everything?"he yelled impatiently as she averted her gaze with no answer to his question.

"Obviously! Unless you instantly turned deaf,"she replied in a harsh low tone.

"Well, sadly you can't go," he said in a stern voice as a smirk played on his lips.

"Why?" she asked back boggled by his words as she noticed the tables turn.

"You need to keep up this facade, if not, you will definitely not get what you want. As you said, I have all the property, status and luxury. Not you," he said in her in right ear, gently tugging the bangs behind her ear causing her to swallow back a lump of displeasure.

"What?" Aarav heard a faint word escape her mouth as he leaned back and placed both of his hands in his front pockets.

"Welcome back to our messy and complicated life," he mocked at her dreaded face and left the place in extreme silence.

Two could play this game. If he thought this was over, he was very wrong.

She would undoubtedly strike back. Very soon.

~*~*~*~*~*~

That was a little intense. Trust me, the story is actually a lot light hearted and jovial! How is it? After reading so many stories, I want to give mine a shot...so please support me with all your votes, comments and suggestions!!

This story is being edited so it will get better you read on!