|31| •The Bond of New Beginnings•

"The dinner is served," she heard one of the chef call.

"I'll eat in the living room," Sana instructed her head chef as she lazily sauntered into the wide living room and plopping herself on the couch.

Her entire family was going to the annual gala awards while she stayed at home, preventing herself from drowning in boredom in the gala. She sighed as she glanced at the salad before her, after constantly pestered by Sia for a healthier diet, she began to eat salad at least once a week and she knew it was the worst decision she ever made. Who knew salads were so gross and either tasted like dressing or raw leaves. She felt like a herbivorous animal while she ate the damn thing.

After Aarav had left, she had stuffed her face with popcorn for six whole months, to such an extent her family had to go around the city to find the flavours she craved for. Before leaving, Aarav must have informed the popcorn industry of their scarcity for flavours and regarding the new rise so that the people wouldn't glare at her popcorn addiction like she was just dropped from Pluto.

Throwing her thoughts away, she flipped through the channel to settle on one of the news channels. In the matter of minutes, she would see what was happening at the gala without even being there.

"Aarav Ross, the CEO of the Ross.Inc, has confirmed that he will finally return back to London after a year long of tours."

Sana sucked in a breath as she saw Aarav being displayed on the plasma screen covering her entire wall, his head nodding in confirmation and a ghostly smile settling on his lips. The fuzzy warm feeling was back as she glanced at those ocean deep eyes. They were hollow and conceived, masking emotions she was once able to determine without a second glance.

A year long worth of sliced her heart as memories flooded her brain of their time. A year passed but her feeling just grew stronger and anger was the most dominant one. She couldn't believe that he was truly going to be back in another few days. Hurt flashed in her face as tears threatened to leak out as she stuffed another spoon of the tasteless salad into her mouth. A bitter chuckled escaped her throat as she wondered if he would ever come meet her?

She already knew the answer....Probably not.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Aarav clenched his jaw as his fingers began flying on his phone, aimlessly typing away messages to calm his heart down. He couldn't pinpoint the exact feeling flowing across his body, he was in a messy turmoil of emotions ranging from anxiety to guilt to love. A year worth of emotions were trapped inside his body and he was finally going to let them burst free. He was going to meet her after a whole year and nothing in his body was functioning properly. It was a very wrong move to leave her after her confession. Very. It took his entire willpower to stay away from her, restrain his feelings to fix everything before facing her again.

For a man who has lost everything in life, even lost the hope on love, a girl falling in love with him was shocking. He had no idea what to do or who to ask as no one would be able to understand his situation. He had messed up everything real bad and before something worse happened, he needed to fix it. Having said that, he also couldn't help but grow stronger feelings towards Sana. The past year has really taught him that having a family is utmost important and staying away from loved ones was not an easy task.

"We are here, sir," the driver informed him, causing his body to tense up in anxiety once again.

"If I am not back in ten minutes, you can leave,"he ordered as he stepped out of the car, throwing his shades on as he walked through the familiar building as memories flooded his brain.