|43| •The Bond of Love•

One more important thing, let me know if I am missing anything so that I can add it in the next update. As in, if there are any small details that I mentioned somewhere and all of you wondering. I am going to disclose a few things next chapter but if there is something that I did miss out, please do let me know. I don't want to leave you hanging.

Sana sighed as she continued to walk in the streets of downtown. Christmas spirit penetrated in the air as she saw the shops decorated with glowing lights and lanterns. The light snow created a thin layer of mist in the air, clouding her sight as she continued to walk through the bustle of the town. She tightened her coat as another wave of chill hit her hard, causing her to let out an exasperated sigh.

It was Nisha's idea for Sana to go on this evening walk. She said that it will clear the mess in her head because apparently fresh air would do her some good. Sana had found the missing pages of her father's diary in his office closet, tucked into a folder, earlier that day.Previously, she couldn't sleep all night due to her nerves tingling throughout her body; awaiting the information that lay hidden within the missing pages of her father's dairy.

Alas, that wasn't the case. The last diary entries contained nothing more than few words about his deals and ample sections about his guilt regarding not able to spend enough time with Sana. Through these diary entries, Sana began to accept their death

It was hard but it was life.

She learnt the lesson and she was glad that her parents taught it to her. She learnt to give up her dreams of a picture perfect family and live in the present.                               

Sana raised her eyes from the gray sidewalk to admire the beauty of her surroundings. The layer of snow glittered as the sun's last rays of the day shone through them. She let out a sharp breath, struggling to maintain her composure, as new memories hit her.

The world thinks that her parents left her wealth, luxury in the form of a mansion, status in the form of the company, love and respect. But what really they left her were memories. Memories that she was going to hold on to the rest of her life in order to overcome all her obstacles with strength.

Her life might not seem that difficult to people, they might assume that she was living a pretty decent life. However, the emotions trapped within her heart were only known to a few. The amount of times love betrayed her are countless, starting to with friends to parents to Aarav. It was as if everyone near her, always tried to test her patience towards relationships. It was as if she had to always struggle to maintain a balance in every relationship of hers.

As these vicious thoughts continued to break her confidence, she heard a very familiar voice speak before her, "What are you going to do about it?"

Sana frowned as she saw Neeraj and Aarav walking down the street before her, both of them thoroughly dressed in winter attire and hastily rushed away. With curiosity taking the rational side of her brain, Sana slyly followed him, close enough to listen to their conversation.

"I will just let things fall back to normal," Aarav replied, his voice distant as if he was weighing his options.

"I always imagined you to be a very emotionless man, but you proved me wrong," Neeraj honestly declared, amused at Aarav.

"How so?" Aarav let out in a gruffy, hoarse voice.

"You loved her so much to let her go. I can't even envision leaving Arpita and Amay, even if it is for their benefit," Neeraj responded, eagerly and full of admiration.

Sana sucked in a breath as the words registered her mind. Loved her enough to let her go. She stilled amidst the crowd. The words  seemed quite familiar to her yet she couldn't remember where exactly she heard of them before.