|32| •The Bond of Challenges•

As promised, here's the update!

~*~*~*~*~

Aarav left the gallery with the painting in his hands, the painting which he payed a fortune for. The damn old man was persistent in buying it till Aarav raised the his bid to a million dollars. It seemed as if Sana was thinking about him while painting the picture, without words expressed, he knew she was conflicted at his sudden appearance and he was no less. A yearning passed through him as he traced the contour lines, a sudden urge to touch the painter herself. One year was a torture staying away from her but being this close yet so far was a complete different story.

But he can't. He couldn't be with her when she was his wife and he can't be with her now that she was somebody else's wife. Guilt swam in his eyes as he glanced at the painting of the heart. A sensation of hope hit him hard when he saw her eyes drunk with the notion of love. Aarav didn't regret his decision. Not one bit.

He let out a long, depressing sigh as he placed the picture in the trunk before dashing to his hotel room. He gathered his belongings, tossing them aimlessly in his bag, preparing for his departure to the Ross mansion. He was going to go home. Arpi's chatter, Arhaan's smirks, Amay's giggles were something he truly missed and after seeing them at the auction, there was no holding back that he needed to go home.

He checked out of the hotel in a quick blur and sat in the back of his car, waiting for his driver to make a move. Aarav knew that it was time he set everything right, it was time he let go of his past mistakes and make an effort in mending them, it was time he set aside his blazing emotions and be practical, it was time he let the truth present itself.

"Send me the papers, as promised, I am going pay the money," he spoke in an ice cold voice.

"You really are in love with her, aren't you?" he heard a deep chuckle from the other end.

"That's none of your damn business. You already caused all the trouble, just take your money and let's close the deal," Aarav snapped in a threatening voice, already planning the guy's death after the deal.

"The deal will only close when she comes to me with the money."

It was Aarav's turn to laugh in a brittle bitter tone, "That's where you are wrong. The deal will close when you get the money by my hands."

"I don't want it from you though," he retorted back cooly.

"Does it matter? I know very well that there is no such condition. Just send me the stupid papers," Aarav barked brutally before flinging the call shut.

He needed to sort everything out before Sana learns anything.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So, are you coming?" Arhaan drawled out, begging her to come to some sort of a competition.

"Of course not! Unlike you, I am a busy person," Sana blunty declined as she sagged back on her chair, looking at the file before her.

"But you are my only supporter! How am I supposed to win if I have nobody supporting me?" Arhaan yelled at a bucked up voice, clearly not helping his case.

"You managed to convince all my cousins, your siblings and your cousins to come watch you. That is nearly fifty people and how does that make me your only supporter?"

"Okay fine! You are not my only supporter," Arhaan grumpily mumbled causing Sana to smile in triumph, "But you are my favourite one!"

"Is this even a legal competition?"