|27| •The Bond of Tongue-Slips•

The next words shocked her to the core, "Yeah, I mean I don't want to miss the gem standing in front of me while I continue to fly high towards victory searching for it."

"Where did you get this quote?" Sana asked him bewildered as she recognized the exact words in her dad's diary.

"Oh! It's amazing, isn't it?" Arhaan boasted as his face lurked with a huge grin.

"Absolutely but tell me where did you get it from?" Sana enquired with her patience running low.

"This was my dad's favourite line from his most favourite novel," Arhaan told her, causing her to beam with excitement.

This might be her chance to gain all the information, Sana took advantage of the opportunity and questioned, "Can you by any chance tell me the the name of the novel?"

"Why?"

"My dad wrote this in his diary too, so I was just wondering."

"Really?! I always thought my dad was absurd but guess he found a buddy."

"Arhaan," she warned him in a low, dangerous voice making him shut his rants.

"I don't remember the name of the book."

"Did he have a copy of the book?

"In his room," as the words left the mouth of Arhaan, Sana grabbed his hand and dashed through the hallway to Arhaan's dad's room.

The interior of the room was exactly the same as Aarav's room except a little more lively with more family pictures, books and show pieces filling the room. Arhaan led her to the cupboard next to the closet which was nothing more than dust. He punched in some numbers which Sana couldn't register before he opened the cupboard. Sana gasped as she saw different wooden boxes of all sizes situated in the cupboard, the wooden boxes had specific carvings, each box had different designs carved on them.

"It is somewhere in all these boxes," Arhaan broke her out of her amusement as he pointed to over fifty boxes in the cupboard.

"Somewhere? You don't know where it is," Sana exclaimed in shock as she eyed the mountain of boxes before her.

"Hey! After his death, we tried to open the boxes but the keys were missing. So we managed to open one book with his will and diary and the other remained untouched. Dadu said that there was nothing important in these boxes as they only included a few of his personal belongings so we didn't take the time to find the keys."

"Why would your dad have boxes which don't have any keys?" Sana asked completely confused.

"I don't know! We never really found the need to look into this matter," Arhaan answered nonchalantly and shrugged.

"Thanks, Arhaan. I want to take a few pictures and see if I can get some locksmith to open them for me," she instantly formed a plan as she pulled out her phone and took pictures of the first few boxes.

"We tried that but if you'll look carefully, you'll see that they know that it is not similar to any of the normal locks. It has bumps on either side and is extremely thinner than normal keys. We talked to many locksmiths but all of them say that it is not possible to have a key so thin. You can still try if you know any other locksmiths," Arhaan explained with a sad face while Sana glanced at the holes.

He was right. The holes were abnormal but if they were made, then they could be opened. She just needed to find the right locksmith and then the entire mystery will be out.

"I'll see," she assured him as she continued to take pictures and she forwarded them to the best locksmith in London.

She needed to find that novel at any cost.