|39| •The Bond of Planning•

Sana eyes sparkled as she saw the snowflakes dancing across the air. The thick blanket of snow submerging the world she knew and instead she now saw was a dusty illusion of a white-ice world. A world that was like an empty canvas, a new beginning. Her thoughts brushed from topic to topic as she admired the view from her massive balcony window. She absolutely loved the snow, mainly at this time of the year: the first snowfall of the season. How odd that even though it was quite similar to the snowfall last year, she felt mesmerized all over again.

It was as if the snow was creating a lasting impression in her mind, wanting to be appreciated for its beauty as it continued to create a spectacular presentation before her.

As Sana continued to stare at the new masterpiece that was taking form before her as her thoughts drifted to Aarav's words. She mindlessly fidgeted with the buttons on her shirt as the words rung in her head. 'It is worth feeling.'

Did that mean he was ready to give this bond a chance?

She sighed, the flicker of hope planting itself in her heart as she walked back to her bed. She knew it was past midnight, despite her body yearning for rest, her mind was restlessly analyzing Aarav's behaviour.

For the first time in the past few days, she was glad she caused the strike. She would have probably not found all this information for a very long time if not for that strike.

Strike. That was it.

Sana let out a short shriek of excitement as she rushed through her room, searching frantically for her phone. She had the answer to all her problems.

"I have an idea to catch Roy without a problem. In fact, it will take only about an hour," her words rushed out of her mouth, her body buzzing with unvoiced elevation.

She heard a groan from the other end before a stern grumble, "Sana, go to bed. We can discuss this tomorrow."

"No! We cannot! We need to fix this mess by tomorrow," Sana stubbornly declared. She was not going to forget her idea just because Aarav needed his beauty sleep.

"I don't remember signing a contract that says that we need to fix everything by tomorrow. Don't wake me up in his ungodly hour and go to bed," Aarav sleepy yelled in an irritated voice.

"Oh come on, it's only one in the night," Sana brushed off his pleas as she hopped on her bed, her face hanging off the bed.

"Exactly! So just go to bed and I will discuss this with you first thing in the morning," he insisted firmly.

"Look, I don't know what Roy will do next. First he locked me up in the washroom, next he punctured my tire, and then he sent me to coma. He clears wants much more than my money, so I don't want to take any risks," she rattled away in a much more persistent tone.

"That's not the only things he did to you," she heard him mumble flatly.

Sana perked up at his words and frowned, "What do you mean?"

"Nothing. I am just blurting out random stuff in my sleep," Aarav cleared his throat and she heard a yawn escape him.

"Don't bother lying to me. I know you are fully awake," she rolled her eyes as she sharply taunted.

"All thanks to you," he replied with equal displeasure.

"Now tell me what you meant," Sana demanded back.

"It was nothing. It was just-"

"Aarav, can you please stop hiding information from me?" she interrupted, frustrated.

"Fine! Do you remember the leg injury from a few months ago, that was him."