|5| •The Bond of Family•

The next few hours passed in a blur as Sana was introduced to Aarav's family. Despite no formal introduction, they were quite polite to Sana and quickly welcomed her into the family. The day's events didn't quite digest in her mind yet, they were setting in like slow poison, ready to sting when given the chance.

As she saw chatting with his aunt, a man came who had similar features as Aarav came and engulfed Sana into a tight hug. Sana stood there, stunned as she got ready for another surprise.

Aarav sighed, smacking the head of the other man and managed to rip him off Sana. 

"Yo bro," the man loudly yelled in Aarav's ears, earning another smack from Aarav. His posture, however, drastically relaxed to show how comfortable he was with the company.

His face let go of his rigidness, flexed his cheekbones and grinned a genuine smile which she hadn't seen in a long while. His eyes were twinkling with joy and his charming eyes caught her drooling ones. She raised her left eyebrow at him with a modest face, waiting for an explanation.

"Sana, this is my idiot brother, Arhaan," Aarav finally explained while Arhaan grinned back at her.

Sana choked on the air she was breathing, "You have a brother?"

In the past three months, Aarav never mentioned anything regarding his family causing Sana to come to the assumption that he had none.

"And a sister," Arhaan added to her, while Sana continued to glare at Aarav who averted eye contact with her and started whistling like he knew nothing about her shock. Such a bastard.

"You have a sister too? How come I don't know about it?" she pouted with anger, failing her arms in disbelief.

He shrugged simply and Arhaan cleared the doubts with a sad sigh, "He doesn't like to associate with us."

"Says the idiot who travelled alone around the world for six months," Aarav teased him.

"But you are a lucky bastard, I left you for six months and you got married by the time I came back," he whined at him in a low persistent voice.

Aarav and Sana chuckled at his behaviour and Aarav said in a flat tone"Love bug bites any time,"

"Anyways, forget my dumb brother, if you need any details about anything or want to prank someone or need anything you can always count on me after your husband," Arhaan said to Sana who was trying to control her laughter at the chat of the brothers.

"Well, you see I can't really count on him for anything so you will be my first option, always,"  she assured him with a wink which made his face light up.

"Woahh...what did my brother do to deserve you?She is so cool, how did you trap her?"

"Something you didn't do?"

"Oh God! If this lucky guy didn't take you, I would have definitely,"

"Back of you creep, she is nearly five years older than you," Aarav said by pulling her closer with a hand on her waist.

"So? as you said love bug bites anytime. Possessive are we?" Arhaan mocked at them.

"Shut up and get off the stage so we can talk to people who don't rant rubbish," Aarav shooed him away as she went away laughing his head off.

"I love him! He is just like my cousins, why didn't you tell me before about your siblings?" she asked him with surprise. Maybe her husband was not a loner after all.

"You never asked," he simply said with a shrug.

"Because I thought-" she started to explain when a faint words came out of his mouth.