|34| •The Bond of Coma•

Aarav's eyes widened as he saw the orange flame engulf the car down the street. His chest tightened with agonizing pain, the explosion blazing in his ears. Time halted, the surroundings disappeared momentarily, just his car dashing through the seat while his hands fumbled to handle both the car and the phone to call the ambulance. What was going on was beyond his knowledge. Just two minutes ago, Sana called him, pleading him to come get her and the next thing he knew, the roaring flames enveloped her in the heat.

He screeched his car shut, throwing himself out of the car, his eyes frantically searching any signs of Sana. Every single cell in his body was radiating immense amount of hope and wild...desperation.

Immense desperation.

To such an extent that it hurt to breath without having any dreading thoughts cloud through his mind as he tore through the crowd. A dagger pierced itself through his heart, the sadness and guilt pouring openly into all his cells. He froze, dropping to his knees at the sight before him. Fire.

Fire, the ambassador of destruction, mercilessly enveloping everything in its path. Raw guilt and pain coursed through him as he saw the firefighters rush into the fire to pull out the bodies. He waited, the two minutes feeling the longest there was in eternity. He waited as they bought Sana out of the fire. His Sana out of the fire.

Just as the clock ticked, the firefighters walked out of the fire, rocking an unconscious body back and forth. His feet hastily led to them, his eyes boring into her figure. The instance he got closer, he saw the brown scars tattooed on her skin, her pant completely burnt out to the extent that it reached just above her knees. Her shirt ripped at the edges while her hair was flickering with the mild breeze. Her fair, regularly glowing skin was ragged with rashes and bruises. This was a nightmare, a sight he wishes no one would ever see.

"You are?" the firefighter enquired as Aarav pressed his hand to Sana's forehead, gently brushing aside all the hair.

"Her husband," he mumbled dejected as he placed both hands, one under her spine and the other under her knees as he lifted her against his chest, his heart relaxing seeing her breathe.

She was alive.

A heavy weight lifted off his chest as he pressed a kiss to her forehead, her unconscious body clutched against his as he steadily carried her to the ambulance. Aarav ached for her to look at him, calling out his name, living with him. His heart continued to hammer against his chest as he placed her on the stretcher, almost like placing his soul. A nurse rushed to their side, the blond woman's eyes bulging as she saw the condition.

"Is she okay?" Aarav's enquired in a hoarse voice as he saw the nurse run a quick check up on Sana.

"I cannot guarantee it but she the signs point towards coma."

"Shit," he mumbled, distress and fear penetrating inside him as he took his phone out.

His fingers shook as he called his brother, "Arhaan, Sana got into an accident. Bring her family to the central hospital."

He took a breath to calm his nerves before dialing another number, "Neeraj, come to the central hospital quick."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Sana felt her head drowning and drowning into blackness. An agonizing pain hit her through her leg, scorching forward her body, despite being strapped into the bed. She let her mind flow through the blurry darkness, determining where she was. Nothing triggered in her head, to the extent that all she remembered was that her name was Sana Sen. She heard murmurs around her, faint whispers of the dark, her body numb but before she could panic, she fell prisoner to slumber.