18

( ITCHY & SCRATCHY )

IMPALA
[ ☾]

      Elena is sitting in the car reading while Dean scratches on his left arm. Sam opens passenger door and climbs in. "Hey. Any luck at the county clerk's office?" Sam asks.

      "I'm not sure I'd call it luck. Frank's wife, Jessie, was a manic-depressive. She went off her meds back in '88 and vanished. They found her two weeks later, three towns over. Strung up in her motel room, suicide." Elena says.

      "Any chance Frank helped her along to the other side?" Sam asks.

      "No, Frank was working the swing shift when she disappeared. Airtight alibi." Dean says and starts the car. "Driving in the middle of town. How was Frank's pad?"

      "Clean. Searched it top to bottom. No EMF, no hex bags, no sulphur." Sam says.

      "So probably no ghosts, no witches, no demons." Dean says.

      "Pfh..."

      "3 down and 97 to go." Dean says.

      "Yeah." Sam sees the speed Dean is driving in. "Dude, you're going 20."

      "And?" Dean asks.

     "That's the speed limit." Sam sees.

      "What? Safety's a crime now?" Dean says and drives through intersection, past their hotel.

      "Dude, where are you going? That was our hotel." Elena says.

      "Elena, I'm not gonna make a left-hand turn into oncoming traffic. I'm not suicidal." Dean says and Sam gives him a confused look. "Did I just say that? That was kind of weird."

      The EMF goes off in the background. "Do you hear something?" Sam says and takes out the EMF meter, moves it from and to Dean where it makes a sound.

      "Am I haunted? Am I haunted?!" Dean asks.

HOTEL[ ☼ ]

HOTEL
[ ☼ ]

      Sam is on the phone talking to Bobby. Hears music from the Impala and walks towards it. See Dean lying on the front seat doing air drums to Eye of the Tiger. Sam looks at Elena and she just shrugs. "I tried to get him to stop." She says. Sam bangs on the roof of the car and scares Dean.

      "Dude. Look at this." Dean shows the scratches on his arm.

      "I just talked to Bobby." Sam says.

      "And?" Dean asks and smells the box of donuts and throws into car.

      Sam looks perplexed at Dean ignoring the donuts. "Um, well, you're not gonna like it." He says.