19

( LOSING IT )

PEACEFUL PINES
[ ☾]

      "Now we know what these are, road rash. And I'm guessing Luther swallowed some wood chips when he was being dragged down that road." Dean says.

      "Makes sense. You're experiencing his death in slow motion." Sam says.

      "Yeah well, not slow enough, huh? Say we burn some bones and get me healthy." Dean suggests.

      "Dean, it won't be that easy." Elena says.

       "No, no, it'll be that easy. Why wouldn't it be that easy?" Dean says.

      "Luther was road-hauled. His body was ripped to pieces. He was probably scattered all over that road. There's no way we're gonna find all the remains." Sam says.

      "You're kidding me."

      "Look, we'll just have to figure something else out." Says Sam.

      "You know what? Screw this." Dean says.

      "Whoa, whoa, whoa." Elena says. "Dean."

      "Come on. No, I mean, come on, Sam. What are we doing?!" Dean yells.

      "We're hunting a ghost." Elena says.

      "A ghost, exactly! Who does that?"

      "Us?" Sam says

      "Us?" Sam says.

      "Right." Dean says. "And that Sam, that is exactly why our lives suck. I mean, come on, we hunt monsters! What the hell?! I mean, normal people, they see a monster, and they run. But not us, no, no, no, we-we search out things that want to kill us. Yeah? Huh? Or eat us! You know who does that? Crazy people! We...are insane!"

      Elena rolls here eyes. "You're overreacting." She says.

      "You know, and then there's the bad diner food and then the skeevy motel rooms and then the truck-stop waitress with the bizarre rash. I mean, who wants this life, Sam? Huh? Seriously? Do you actually like being stuck in a car with me eight hours a day, every single day? I don't think so! I mean, I drive too fast. And I listen to the Same five albums over and over and over again, a-and I sing along. I'm annoying, I know that. And you --you're gassy! You eat half a burrito, and you get toxic! I mean, you know what?" Dean tosses Sam the keys. "You can forget it."