46

( MAN DOWN )

      Sam closes the curtains. Dean flicks closed a lighter and drops it on the table next to some of the several candles burning around the motel room. He brings one of the candles over to a bedside table, shielding the flame with one hand.

      Pamela is sitting on a chair between the beds. "Tell me something, geniuses. Even if you do break into the veil and you find the reaper, how you gonna save it?" She asks as Sam closes the curtains on another window.

      "With style and class." Dean says.

      "You're gonna be three walking pieces of fog who can't touch or move anything." Pamela says. "You'll be defenseless, hotshot."

      "I seem to recall a bunch of ghosts beating the crap out of us." Sam says.

      "Yeah, well, they had plenty of time to practice."

     "Well, then, I guess we got to start cramming." Dean says.

      "Wow, couple of heroes. All right." Pamela pats one of the beds. "Lie down. Close your eyes."

      Sam and Dean are lying on the beds, Sam diagonally. Elena lies next to Sam. "Animum vult decipi, ergo decipiatur. Vis, vis, vis. Okay, guys. That's it. Showtime."

      Dean sits up as the room goes from full color to shades of blue. He looks at Pamela. "Well, nothing like shooting blanks. What's plan B?" He says.

      Pamela does not hear him. Dean looks at Sam, lying on the other bed, then over one shoulder at Sam, standing. Sam spreads his hands. Dean looks over his other shoulder at himself, unconscious on the bed.

      "Oh, I'm so feeling up Demi Moore." Says Dean.

      "All right, so, I'm assuming you're somewhere over the rainbow. Remember I have to bring you back." Pamela stands and goes over to Sam. Dean watches her. "I'll whisper the incantation in your ear." She leans over Sam to do exactly that. "You have got a great ass." Sam grins.

      "What'd she-" Dean looks at Sam. "What'd she say?" Sam shrugs.

STREET
[ ☼ ]

      Sam and Dean walk along the street, looking around. Everything is still shaded blue. A car goes past. A jogger goes right through Sam without noticing. Dean laughs, watching her go. Dean turns back to Sam. "That was wild." Dean says as Sam looks at him, incredulous.

      Dean sticks his arm into Sam's chest up to the elbow. Sam looks down at it, then up at Dean, face stony. "Am I making you uncomfortable?" Dean asks.

      "Get out of me." Sam says.

      Dean pulls his arm back. "You're such a prude. Come on." Dean keeps going. Sam follows.

      Dean, Elena and Sam cross the street. Their breath is visible in the cold. "Oh, man, we've been spooking this town for hours. No demons, no black smoke. I say we hit Victoria's Secret and get our peep on, huh?" Dean asks.

      Sam looks up and to the right. "Hey. Three o'clock. Kid in the window." He says and they look up. The kid is looking out an upstairs window at Sam and Dean. It's the Same face from the obituary photo earlier: Cole Griffith. "Am I crazy or is he looking at us?"

      "It's 'cause we've seen him before." Elena says.

      "We have?"

      "Newspaper. Cole Griffith, the last person to die in this town." Elena says as Cole flickers and vanishes. Dean, Elena and Sam look at each other.