54

( THE MONSTER AT THE
END OF THIS BOOK )

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

Sam knocks on Elena's room door and she opens it. "Dean went out for breakfast." He says.

"And he never asked why you didn't go with him?" Elena asks.

Sam smirks. "I told him that I was going to sit around and mope about you." He says.

"That gives us thirty minutes." Elena says as she pulls Sam in. She closes the door and locks it, smirking.

"Alright, but-" Sam starts.

"Shut up." Elena says and she kisses Sam as they fall into the bed.

UNKNOWN HOUSE
[ ☼ ]

A Man is sprawled on a couch sleeping with papers clutched to his chest; the coffee table is littered with unfinished food and drinks. He is in the throes of an intense dream: we see quick flashes of Sam, Elena and Dean, the Impala, and the Man himself.

COMIC BOOK SHOP
[ ☼ ]

A man takes a comic book off the shelf as we pan across to the door, where Dean, Elena and Sam are entering. Sam and Dean are in suits and long black coats and Elena in a skirt with a blazer: FBI costumes. The man behind the counter looks up as they approach and take out their badges. "Uh... can I help you?" He asks.

"Sure hope so. Agents DeYoung, Copperfield and Shaw." Dean says. "Just need to ask you a few questions."

"Notice anything strange in the building, last couple of days?" Sam asks.

"Like what?" The Man asks.

"Well, some other tenants reported flickering lights." Says Elena.

"Uh, I don't think so. Why?"

"What about noises? Any skittering in the walls? Kind of like rats?" Sam asks.

The Man behind the counter looks skeptical. "And the FBI is investigating a rodent problem?" He asks.

"What about cold spots? Feel any sudden drops in temperature?" Sam asks.

The Man grins. "I knew it! You guys are LARPing, aren't you?" He asks.

"Excuse me?" Dean asks.

"You're fans."

"Fans of what?" Elena asks.

"What is "LARPing"?" Dean asks

"Like you don't know." The Man says and looks at their confused looks. "Live-Action Role-Play! And pretty hardcore, too."

"I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about." Dean says.

"You're asking questions like the building's haunted. Like those guys from the books. What are they called? Uh... "Supernatural"." The Man says. "Two guys and a hot chick, use fake IDs with rock aliases, hunt down ghosts, demons, vampires. What are their names? Uh... Steve, Eleanor and Dirk? Uh, Sal, Eve and Dane?"

"Sam, Elena and Dean?" Sam asks.

"That's it!"

"You're saying this is a book?" Dean asks.

"Books. It was a series. Didn't sell a lot of copies, though. Kind of had more of an underground cult following." The Man goes over to a table labeled "Bargain Bin". Sam, Elena and Dean follow. "Let's see. Um... Ah. Yeah." He hands Dean a book. "That's the first one, I think."