41

( AN ALTERNATE ENDING )

WOODS
[ ☼ ]

       Sam, Elena and Dean are sitting on the Impala, enjoying a beverage and talking. "Trust me. This will help. That ghost is dead. I'm gonna rip its lungs out!" Dean yells.

      "Ghosts don't have lungs." Elena says.

       "Well, you know what I mean."

       "It knew my name, Dean. My real name. We burned Barry's bones. What the hell?" Sam says.

       "Well, maybe it wasn't Barry. Maybe we missed something. We just got to go back." Dean is reviewing a file while talking. "No way. How did we not see this before?"

      "What?" Sam asks.

      "Check it out-Look, Martha Dumptruck, Revenge of the Nerds, and Hello Kitty-they rode the Same bus." Dean says.

      "Okay, so maybe the bus is haunted." Sam says.

      "Well, that would explain why there's no EMF at the school, but not the attacks. I mean, ghosts are tied to the places that they haunt. They can't just bail." Dean says.

      "Unless this one can. Dean, there's lore about spirits possessing people and riding them for miles, then whenever they leave the body, they're bungeed back to their usual haunt." Sam says. "But until then, the ghosts can go wherever they want."

      "So a spook just grabs a kid on the bus and walks right into Truman?" Dean asks.

      "It's possible."

      "Ghosts getting creative-well, that's super." Dean says.

SCHOOL BUS
[ ☼ ]

      Sam is in the back of the bus with an EMF meter. Dean is up front, searching for some clue of the ghost. "Definitely ain't clean." Sam says.

      "Here, ghosty, ghosty, ghosty! Come out, come out, wherever you are!" Dean yells.

      "Man, I don't get it. No one ever died on this bus, and it's not like there's a body hidden in here." Sam says.

      "Yeah, but a flap of skin, a hair, I mean, hell, a hangnail-something's got to be tying the ghost to this place. We just got to find it." Dean says.

      "Yeah." Sam says.

      Dean looks through papers at the front of the bus. "Got a new driving permit. Issued two weeks ago." He says.

      "Just before the first attack." Elena says.

      "Yeah. Name of the bus driver is Dirk McGregor Sr., 39 North Central Avenue." Dean says.

      "McGregor?" Sam asks.

      "Yeah. Why?"

      "I knew his son." Says Sam.

      "Did you know everybody at this school?"

FLASHBACK

SCHOOL
[ ☼ ]

      School is letting out. Dirk pushes Barry down. "Got to watch where you're going, man." Dirk says.

      "Leave him alone, Dirk." Sam says.

      "You never learn, do you, midget?"

      "Get to the bus, Barry." Sam says as Barry runs off, and Dirk pushes down Young Sam.