71

( WHEN YOU ARE DONE )

ST. MARY'S
[ ☾]

"Howdy." Lilith says as a Might Guard appears.

"Lady, this is private property. You're not supposed to be here."

"But I'm here for mass. And so are you." Lilith's eyes go white; the Guard screams as we cut away.

ANGELIC GREENROOM

Dean is attempting to call Sam again. He dials the phone, but hears only static. Castiel appears behind him. "You can't reach him, Dean. You're outside your coverage zone." Castiel says.

"What are you gonna do to Sam?" Dean asks.

"Nothing. He's gonna do it to himself."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Dean asks and Castiel looks down. "Oh, right, right. Got to toe the company line. Why are you here, Cas?"

"We've been through much together, you and I. And I just wanted to say, I'm sorry it ended like this." Cas says.

"Sorry"? Dean punches Castiel, who hardly flinches. Dean flexes his hand in pain. "It's Armageddon, Cas. You need a bigger word than "sorry."

"Try to understand-this is long foretold. This is your..." Cas starts.

"Destiny? Don't give me that "holy" crap. Destiny, God's plan... It's all a bunch of lies, you poor, stupid son of a bitch!" Dean yells. "It's just a way for your bosses to keep me and keep you in line! You know what's real? People, families-that's real. And you're gonna watch them all burn?"

"What is so worth saving? I see nothing but pain here. I see inside you. I see your guilt, your anger, confusion. In paradise, all is forgiven. You'll be at peace. Even with Sam."

"You can take your peace... and shove it up your lily-white ass. 'Cause I'll take the pain and the guilt. I'll even take Sam as is. It's a lot better than being some Stepford bitch in paradise. This is simple, Cas! No more crap about being a good soldier. There is a right and there is a wrong here, and you know it. Look at me!" Dean yells.

Dean grabs Castiel's shoulder and turns Castiel back to face him. "What would you have me do?" Cas says.

"Get me to Sam. We can stop this before it's too late." Dean says.

"I do that, we will all be hunted. We'll all be killed."

"If there is anything worth dying for... this is it." Dean shakes his head and looks down. "You spineless..." Dean turns and walks away. "...soulless son of a bitch. What do you care about dying? You're already dead. We're done."

"Dean-" Cas starts.

"We're done!" Dean turns to look behind him, but Castiel has disappeared.

ROAD
[ ☾]

Sam stands before a sign that reads: ST. Mary's CONVENT - 2 miles. Ruby is a few paces behind him, by the car. We can still faintly hear Cindy pounding and screaming in the trunk. "Sam, it's time. Are we doing this or not?" Ruby asks.

"Give me a minute to think." Sam says.

"Sam-"

"Give me a damn minute, Ruby!" Sam yells.

"Better think fast." Ruby says.

Sam surreptitiously pulls his cell phone from his pocket and presses a button.