59

( GOOD TO BE BAD )

Elena is tied to a chair in the cell. Sam and Dean are looking at her. "Good. You're awake. We thought you could use a little sunshine." Dean says as he holds up the necklace that he got her. "Looking for this? Aw. You know the rules. Bad girls don't get nice jewelry."

"You took my necklace. I'm devastated. And bored. Can I go back to solitary now?" Elena asks.

"No. I kind of like you in the hot seat. Whenever you're ready, Ruby." Dean says as Ruby steps forward.

"Am I supposed to be scared?"

"You will be. And when you are, focus on that fear. It's the key to getting your humanity back." Sam says.

"You're not gonna hurt me." Elena says.

"You don't think so?" Dean asks.

"No." Elena says. "And even if you do manage to get my emotions back, I'll remember all this. And I'll hate both of you for it."

"Tsk. Worth the risk." Dean says as he motions his head towards Ruby. "Alright, do it."

Elena laughs. "What are you gonna do, huh? Possess me? I've got the tattoo, remember?" She asks.

"Yeah. You had the tattoo." Dean says. "That little pain you feel? We had to burn it off."

"What?" Elena asks. Ruby enters Elena's body and tortures her from the inside. Elena screams as Ruby exits.

"That feels better, huh? How about a little gratitude or any human emotion whatsoever? And we can stop this." Dean says and Elena mumbles something. "I didn't quite catch that."

"I said, I'm gonna kill you." Elena sneers.

"Bingo. See? There's a little rage. I should have figured that'd be the first emotion that came out of you. I tend to pull that out of people." Dean says.

"Elena, look at me. We don't want to do this, ok?" Sam says. "You can stop this right now. It's your choice."

"Kind of funny, actually, you being the one to help torture me." Elena says lamely. "I bet part of you enjoys it since, you know, I dumped you and all."

"Wow. That was downright vindictive." Says Dean. "See? I think now we're breaking through that tough candy shell and getting into the ooey-gooey rich center of your humanity. This is good. Ruby, another round."

Elena turns to Dean and Sam. "Let me guess... This is gonna hurt you a lot more than it hurts me." She says.

"Look, I know what you're going through. After all you've done, you're afraid to face the guilt you'll feel if you turned your emotions back on." Dean says as he squats in front of her. "The only way we can help you is to make the alternative hurt even worse."

"You're gonna thank me for this. After you turn it back on, you'll realize life with no emotions blew." Sam says.

"You know what else blew?" Elena sneers. "Being with you. Going every day believing that I was in love with you. I remember every horrible moment of it. And you... So scared that it wasn't real. Well, guess what. It wasn't."

"You don't mean that." Sam says.

"You were right. So go ahead. Keep trying to get the old me back. Who knows? Maybe Dean and I will give it a go." Elena frees herself and rushes to the desk and cuts herself with a knife. Sam saves her. "I am the girl that you love. You wouldn't do anything to actually hurt me. You just proved that. So what do I really have to be afraid of?"