Ch. 1

Aspyn's P.O.V. 

It hurt.

Everything. 

Anytime I moved, or breathed. It wasn't as much of a physical pain... 

It was emotional. 

Heartbreaking, terrible, gut-wrenching pain, that no one can heal. 

Ten days ago my brother died. 

Seven days ago we had his funeral. 

One day ago I got put on a plane by my parents and sent to an unfamiliar place. 

My parents stopped caring the moment Jay died. So they sent me to California to attend a summer camp for troubled teens. It's called Camp Tahoe. It's on Lake Tahoe actually. 

My brother would have helped me through this, he would have protested, he would have made sure I could handle this. 

But to tell you the truth, I can't handle this. 

I am completely ignoring the other teenagers on the bus right now, and I'm just looking through an old diary of things Jay and I did together. 

Swimming, hiking, running... even boxing.

We were like the ultimate brother sister duo. 

The events of that night keep replaying through my head..

We were in a race, with some guys from our school. We never lost, so it was a big deal for us to win.

"Go! They're gaining Jay!" I called out over the roar of the motorcycle.

"I've got it Ace!" He yelled back. 

The bike behind us was catching up fast. 

"Go faster Jay we've gotta lose em'!" I said, turning to look in front of us.

"I'm trying Ace!" He yelled back, turning back at me for a second.

I let out a fit of laughter as we went over a hill, flying through the air as we ramped. We landed back on the ground with a bounce.

"Watch out Jay!" I screamed, seeing a truck jet out in front of us. 

Jay swerved to avoid it, throwing us off the road and causing us to flip off the bike. 

"Jay!" I yelled, lifting my heavy head off of the ground, pain surging through my body. 

"Ace.." I heard him say, it came out as more of a moan of pain. 

I looked around frantically, until my eyes landed on my big brothers still body. There was a piece of metal from the bike sticking out of his waist, and he was barely moving. 

I wiped a stray tear from my face as the bus stopped, pulling me from my trance. 

"Alright everyone, let's just go over a few rules before we give you free reign." The bus driver said standing up. 

I am a senior in highschool, I don't need some twenty-something know it all telling me what I can and can't do. 

"Hey." A voice pulled me out of my own head.

"Hi." I said back to the stranger, realizing that it was one of the female counselors. 

"I'm Amy. Everyone else just unloaded off of the bus. Aspyn?" She said, asking my name at the end. 

"Yes, that's me. How'd you know?" I asked, looking at her puzzled. 

"Everyone else gave there name when they got off of the bus, yours was the only one left on the list." She said, smiling at me before offering her hand out. 

"It's nice to meet you Aspyn." She said. 

I just stood up and grabbed my bag. I pushed past her and got off the bus, walking towards where everyone was gathered. 

"Now that you're all ready, we will be assigning groups and group leaders.." 

I looked up at the man talking, he looked to be around forty. His beard was more grey than black and he seemed very happy. 

Yay for him.

He does realize that this is a camp for troubled teens right? I mean, a lot of stuff is probably going to go missing. Now that I think about it, I probably shouldn't have brought the ring my brother bought me. 

I "indiscreetly" took the ring off and tucked it in the inside of my purse. 

"Aspyn Michaelson, Jack Thatch, Elise Mcroy, and Alec Brenham is group three, their group leader will be Jason Baldon." 

I looked around, realizing that pretty much everyone was gone except about ten people. I'm guessing my group is the one walking towards the cabin with the number three on it. 

I walked over to my cabin, realizing that we they will probably be waiting on me. 

Which made me want to walk slower. 

When I finally walked through the door, I was greeted with cool air. I looked around, realizing that no one was talking or socializing. I immediately spotted an empty bed in the corner and slowly made my way to it. 

"Alright, nice to meet you everyone I'm Jason. I wanna get to know each and every one of you. Once you get your things unpacked, make your way to the cafeteria. And for those of you who were zoned out during the whole welcome speech.." He said, looking at me.

"The cafeteria straight past the recreation center. You should see the sign." He finished, walking past me and out the door. 

I have to admit, he didn't look half bad. 

He had dark brown hair, which meshed well with his tanned skin and toned arms. 

Everyone else resumed unpacking when he shut the door behind him, except me. I just sat on my bed. I don't plan on unpacking, because if I have it my way, when the two week mark is up and I get to visit my grandma, I'll be out of here. 

Every two weeks you get to go home, or leave. But my parents don't want to see me again for a while, so I will be going to my grandmas house. Plus it would suck to have to buy a plane ticked to go back home to Arizona. 

So I've pretty much been kicked out of my own family. 

At the time I need them most, they kick me out to a new and unfamiliar place where the only family around is my grandma. 

Life sucks. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

A//N

Pleased to be writing a new book again. 

Mucho Amor,

Me