Ch. 13

My back was stiff and my legs were sore as I stepped onto the soft grassy ground. I watched Damien walk around, flirting with random girls. Jason was telling the bozos who didn't know what to do how to get started, and Alec and I had already finished. We just built little canoes. It wasn't our idea, just another stupid activity done by the camp.

I was, however, Alec's dumb idea to have me stand there and hold the canoe while he painted it.

"I will never let you take the lead on a project again." I said, looking at his slumped figure.

He laughed, smearing some of the paint from his hand onto my neck.

"Hey, don't do that!" I said with a pout on my face.

We both laughed and laid back on the grass.

"I'm hungry." He said, placing his hand on his stomach.

"Me too." I said, sitting up.

I looked around, standing up to get some food.

"Where are you going? It's only like 9. Lunch doesn't get served for like another two hours." Alec said, sitting up.

"And?" I asked, looking at him pointedly.

He smiled, before jumping up and following me.

We were like ten feet from my cabin, and Alec was humming some rock song.

"Alright. If I show you this, you can't tell anybody. It has to be our secret." I said, grinning at him.

He smiled mischievously.

"Aspyn, are you gonna let me see your-" He said, getting cut off by me shoving a rag in his mouth.

I found that rag on the ground.

"Where'd you get this rag from?" He questioned, holding the old rag out.

"The ground.." I said innocently.

"Aspyn! That's disgusting!" He yelled, throwing the rag at me.

"No, what you were going to say is." I said, pointing at his mouth.

"Oh." He said, laughing before walking through the cabin door.

We walked around the cabin to my bed. This is where Alec gets confused.

"I thought you said we were getting food.." He says.

"We are." I say, bending down to lift up my sheets.

The sheets were touching the floor, hiding my stash.

"Aspyn, you're a hoarder." He said, looking at the pile of rice crispy treats and other snacks.

"And you're complaining why?" I asked, grabbing a rice crispy treat and tossing it to him.

He smiled, sitting on the bed next to me. I smiled back, grabbing a rice crispy treat for myself.

"You're a snack smuggler." He said, laughing at himself.

"They never give us snacks through out the day, so I started hoarding the ones they gave us with our dinner. They had to expect this from people. Especially me." I said, biting into my snack.

He just smirked before taking a bite from his snack. He pretty much bit off half of the rice crispy treat though.

"You're a pig!" I said, punching his arm playfully.

He faked a pout, but quit so he could eat his snack.

"You know you love it." He said, playfully slapping my arm.