Ch. 10

I am so tired. 

After I cut my foot running through the woods like an idiot, I went swimming. I thought the water would like,  I don't know... heal my foot?

I smiled, thinking about how stupid that thought was. 

I looked around the vacant cabin, catching shadows dancing around the walls. Everyone was outside, going for a night swim before a bonfire. By the way the shadows were moving I would say that they already lit the bonfire and they were having fun. 

"Yo, aren't you getting lonely?" Alec yelled, busting through the front door.

I literally sat up so fast I got light headed. I glared at Alec for a second before answering him. 

"Maybe, but I am honestly so tired." I said, laying back in my bed. 

He just laughed, and strolled over to my bed and sitting next to me. 

"Damien sent me in." He said, looking down at me. 

"Oh really? I had no idea." I said, looking back at him. 

He was looking down at me, smiling stupidly. 

"What?" I asked, sitting up in confusion. 

He just smiled, before getting up and walking towards the door. 

"Just look behind you." He said, walking out the same way he entered. 

I laughed, turning around to see Damien. He smirked at me, laughing at my annoyed expression. 

"What do you want?" I asked, standing in front of him. 

"Nothing, just checking on my girl." He said, wrapping his arms around my waist. 

I smiled.. he called me my girl.  

"Your girl?" I asked, grinning like an idiot. 

"Yeah. Her name's Shelly have you met her?" He said, pointing towards the door sarcastically. 

I punched his shoulder playfully, watching him pout. 

"I was kidding!" He said. 

I laughed with him, pulling him into a hug. He placed his head in the crook of my neck. 

"Ugh. Ace, I'm tired." Damien said, laying down on my bed. 

I smiled, he looked so cute when he was tired. I mean he looked tired but he was like asleep, and that is so cute.

"Lay with me Ace. Come cuddle." He said, holding his arm out, reaching for me. 

I snuggled into the bed next to him, warmth radiating off of his body. He wrapped both of his arms around me, pulling me close. I wrapped one arm around him, resting my head on his chest. No guy ever cuddled with me before, no guy has even came near me in years because of my brother. I have to admit that it's nice having a friendly face to call mine for when I'm down. 

I feel weird though, like I'm betraying my brother. He never wanted any male to come near me, and now his best friend and I are..

Well, I don't know what we are.. but I'm not asking right now.

Damien shifted beside me, taking one hand off of my side and pushing some hair out of my face. 

I rolled around so that I was facing him, our faces inches apart. He smiled at me, resting his forehead against mine. 

"Ace.." He whispered, wrapping his arm back around my waist. 

"Damien.." I said, copying his tone. 

"Do you ever feel.. like, I don't know, we're betraying him?" He asked. 

I could tell he was scared to ask me this, especially since he bit his lip before he asked. I pulled away a little, his facial expression dropped. 

"Yeah. Do you?" I said, sitting up and looking back down at him. 

"All the time. Especially when I see you and just want to kiss you. It doesn't help that I have grown attached to you. I feel like, I have loved you for so long, and that love just changed into something else over time. I don't think he would like this, but I think he would hate it if you were with someone who didn't respect you." He said, sitting up with me. 

I smiled. Not because I'm happy, but because I understand. We weren't in love, we just needed each other at this time. We both lost my brother, it started off just a since of loneliness felt by both of us, but then my parents shipped me off and I couldn't see him. It all developed so fast and we were caught up in the idea of loving each other. 

"So, we're just friends?" I asked, looking over at him. 

He nodded, and pulled me into his chest. He hugged me tight, pulling back after about two minutes. 

"We're just friends." He whispered, climbing out of bed and walking towards the door. An overwhelming since of loneliness poured over me. 

"Wait." I said, taking a few steps towards him. 

I could see his silhouette, outlined by the moonlight, his tired eyes bright. 

"Don't leave. We may be just friends, but I don't want to be alone. I feel like I'm losing you." I said.

"I'm so glad you said that, because I was feeling the same way." He said, taking a few steps towards me. I practically tackled him in a hug, all of the emotions I have felt over the last month towards him and losing my brother just piled up. 

If he would have left, it'd be like losing him. It's like I knew he would still be here, but I didn't at the same time. I needed him to stay with me tonight. 

"I'll sleep in the floor next to your bed." He said, pulling away from the hug and taking someone's random blanket and throwing it in a pile beside my bed. 

He grabbed one of my three pillows and put it on the ground next to the blanket. 

I climbed into bed and tucked myself under the covers. I slid one hand under my pillow and one off the bed, finding Damien's shoulder. He held one of his hands up and squeezed mine, and we sat like that for a few minutes. 

The silence creeped through the darkness, and Damien never let go of my hand. 

That's how we fell asleep, hand in hand. When we were younger, any time I would have a nightmare and he stayed over, he would come in my room and comfort me. That's kind of how the night went, him waking me up and shh-ing me every time I would get scared or anxious. 

I know I can always count on Damien. It's one of the many reasons I love him. 

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A//N

I kind of felt sad about Damien and Aspyn agreeing on being just friends, but it's all a part of the story and I love the story. I love Damien and Aspyn's friendship too, because they just need each other sometimes. They have an understanding about each other's feelings, and that is majorly adorable. 

Thanks for the reads, hope you guys will vote. 

Mucho Amor, 

Me