Ch. 14

My eyes scanned the cafeteria, all the lights were off except the one above me. It was actually kind of creepy. The creepiest part was that Alec was sitting next to me, his eyes locked onto mine as soon as they were open. 

"You are seriously freaking me out. What is this, a staring contest?" I asked, looking him over before realizing that the sun was setting. 

It hasn't crossed my mind yet that I just took a ridiculously long nap, and I am still worn out. Well I mean now it's all I'm thinking about but oh well. 

"Well it wasn't but now it is." He said, a determined look on his face. 

A grin formed on my lips, I closed my eyes for a few seconds before letting out a sigh. 

"Fine." I huffed, opening my eyes to look at Alec. 

He smirked, blinking once before looking at me.

"Go." He said, slamming his hands on the table for effect. 

We stared at each other for about three minutes before Alec blinked. 

Yes, Alec lost. I won. Big shocker.

"I can't believe I lost. I have never lost anything in my life." Alec said, pouting. 

I laughed, getting up and walking towards the exit. 

"Where are you going?" He called, getting up from the table and following me. 

He caught up quickly, and opened the door for me. I smiled, realizing that I have never noticed his manners before. Then again it took me a while to figure out he had an accent. 

"Outside. I hear it's lovely this time of day." I joked, starting a jog towards our cabin. 

Yes, I did just wake up. Yes, I am still sleepy. And yes, I am going to our cabin to go back to sleep. 

"Why are we jogging?" He asked, keeping up with my jog like it was nothing. 

My jog really was nothing, but only because I am too tired to try. That may sound cocky, but I'm pretty fast when I wanna be, I had to be for the kinda stuff I was into.

Anyway, I just kept jogging until our cabin came into view. I then decided to push it into a sprint. I could tell he wasn't having any trouble keeping up with me, but I wasn't having any trouble either so I just let it be. I figured if I needed to, I could outrun him. Not that I would have to out run him, but I like knowing things like this. 

"Dude stop." He said, pulling me from my daze.

"Stop what?" I ask, looking at him confused. 

"Dazing out while you're sprinting towards a cabin on gravel. You could have like gotten hurt." He said, slowing down. 

I was confused at first, but then I realized we were at our cabin. 

"Oh." I said, walking through the open door after him. 

He just shrugged and walked towards his bed, kicking off his shoes and throwing himself forward onto it. 

"You're tired?" I asked, already knowing the answer as yes.

"Yeah. I already know you are, so shut up and sleep." He said, laughing when the pillow I threw landed on his head. 

He didn't even move, the pillow just fell off as his back shook with laughter. 

"Did you think that would hurt?" He asked, raising his head for a minute. 

"No. I just didn't have anything else to throw at you." I said, laying on my bed.