Ouran High School Host Club Fan-Fiction~ Chapter One: A New beginning!

The ocean breeze whipped Emiri's hair around. She swiftly slid her sunglasses on and laid back in the sand.

Today was a good day.

Suddenly her face was sprayed with hot sand as a volleyball crashed down next to her.

She sat up and spat the grains of sand out of her mouth.

"Hey, watch it!" She growled, looking I the direction the spherical attacker charged from.

"Sorry!" A guy came running over to her to retrieve it.

Emiri dusted herself off.

"Do you know who I am!?" She slid her sunnies off and glared at him.

The guy's eyes widened.

"S-Sorry Ms Hitachiin. I-I didn't know it was your. Please accept my sincere apologies-" He was cut off by Hikaru.

"There's no need for an apology, she's just dramatic" He simply stated, chuckling.

Emiri rolled her eyes.

"It was rude"

"It's what people do at the beach, y'know. Get up, have fun"

"Get Sun burnt?"

"Yeah!"

"No way, it'll damage my skin!" Hikaru watched as his spoilt brat of a daughter applied her fifth layer of sunscreen.

Yuka smiled and sat down next to them, two bodyguards flanking the family on their outing.

"Isn't this fun?" She beamed.

"Yeah, soo fun" Sarcasm was laid on thick there.

"Oh, darling. Lighten up. We're going to have a nice family outing."

"I wanted it to be normal"

"We are normal"

"No we're not, we have people staring at us wherever we go."

Hikaru sighed. He was the owner of numerous important buildings and businesses, and they had gained a good reputation for 'rolling in money'.

"I just want us to be normal...and not have guys wanting to date me just because I have money" Emiri stood up and took a walk down the beach.

She pulled the hat down her face a bit to block the sun out of her eyes. Idiots. Can't they see she just wanted to be a normal girl?

She took off down into the water, diving into the blue coolness, her hat coming off.

She surfaced and looked around, searching for her hat.

She saw it was a few metres out, so she started swimming, and swimming, and swimming for it. But it just seemed to get further out.

She was out of breath. She turned around to look how far she was and the people on the beach looked like ants!

She suddenly realised the tightness of her chest as she struggles to keep her head above the water.

Swimming out for her stupid hat had been a bad idea, since she was now being pulled out by a strong rip.

"Help!" She managed to splutter before a wave rose over her head, forcing her down into the water.

She was immersed by coldness and her throat burned, begging for air.

She used the last of her energy to swim to the surface. She saw a couple of metres away, a surfer, holding her hat and looking around.

"O-Over here!" She was about to go under when strong arms pulled her up, and out of the water, onto something smooth.

She dared herself to open her eyes and she noticed that she was on the surfboard.

"Hey, are you okay?" She looked up to meet the guy's blue eyes, dirty blond hair and tanned skin.

She nodded in response.

"Okay, hold on so I can paddle into the shore"

She gripped the board tight as she feared she'd fall off again.

"My hat?" She asked weakly.

"I've got it" She closed her eyes and let herself relax for once.

They reached shore and he sat her down.

"Did you swallow any water?"

"No"

"so, you're okay?"

"Yes!" She grabbed her hat quickly, turning away from him.

"What were you doing that far out? Everyone knows it's deadly" He chuckled, throwing his board under his arm.

"My hat" She croaked.

"Just a hat?" He laughed.

"It's designer!"

"Then why would you wear it into the sea?" He smirked. She couldn't think of anything fast enough.

"Shut up"

He just chuckled.

"I'm Felix, I'm a foreigner here" He extended his hand.

"My name is Emiri" She just looked at his hand and he got the message.

"Heh, so do you live here?"

"Yes, of course I do"

"Your English is pretty good"

"Yeah, I guess so"

He smiled.

"Want to hang out sometime?" He nervously asked.

She blushed, turning her face away.

"Why should I?"

"I don't know" She bit her lip in embarrassment.

"Fine"

"Can I have your number?"

"No!"

"Then how are we suppose to hang out?" He chuckles and flicked his hair out of his face.

"Oh, whatever" He passed her a pen from him bag and she wrote it on a piece of paper.

"Don't disappoint me" She looked down and ran off to find her parents, her face burning red, her heart pounding, and her mouth smiling. She had never felt like this before.