Ouran High School Host Club Chapter 6~

Chapter Six~

Yuka was in bed the whole week end with a fever and then, she took a turn for the worst.

-At the host club in the afternoon- Hikaru's POV

Hikaru sat by himself, staring out the window. Kaoru walked over to him slowly, and sat down.

"She'll be fine Hikaru, just try not to worry about it" He said gently.

"I can't...she's always on my mind...Kaoru, she could die…" He said, trying to sound normal.

"No, she won't if you just keep calm…." He replied, rubbing his brothers back comfortingly.

"It doesn't matter if I keep calm Kaoru! It doesn't matter in the slightest! Me keeping calm has nothing to do with her getting better!" His brothers outburst was an unpleasant surprise for Kaoru. Hikaru sighed.

"I'm sorry, I'm just so worried" He said, putting his head into his hands.

"I know, you can't help that" Kaoru offered. They sat in silence then.

-Later-

Tamaki sat at the piano, playing slowly, grazing his fingers over the keys lightly. He sighed, it had been so quiet since Hikaru and Kaoru had pretty much visited the hospital every day, they even skipped out on the host club in the afternoons, upsetting Kyouya's timetable.

"Tamaki?" Kyouya's voice broke the silence that surrounded Tamaki.

"oh, uhm yes Kyouya-sempai?" He said, looking up.

"It is the end of our school day, you do know that you can leave and go home….also Natsuki is waiting for you" He finished with a smirk.

"Natsuki?" Tamaki said, narrowing his eyes in confusion.

"yes, one of Yuka's friends, do you not remember?" Kyouya said, flipping through his notebook.

"Oh, yes, Natsuki" He said, perking up a bit.

"he sure remembered quick" Kyouya thought smugly.

"Lock up for me Kyouya-sempai?" Tamaki said with a wink as he left. Kyouya sighed, Tamaki was so irresponsible sometimes!

-A week Later-

Yuka's condition deteriorated. And Hikaru skipped school to see her. He knew he shouldn't, but he couldn't help it. In the middle of class all eh could think about was her. Is she okay? Was she going to be okay? Was she even still alive now?

Kaoru hated seeing his brother like this. He had wished in a way, that he had never met Yuka,that Hikaru would still be his. But it wasn't, and there wasn't anything he could do to change that.

Kaoru sat in the host club, just him, surrounded by girls, no Hikaru. Hikaru had ditched him again for Yuka. Yuka, he hated that name. What kind of name was Yuka? She defiantly wasn't good enough for Hikaru….Kaoru stopped his thoughts. What was he thinking? This was horrible to think about her like that. Kaoru sighed. Hikaru loved her, so he should try to love her too, in a 'she's my brothers girlfriend' kind of way.

"Kaoru?" The girls around him were staring at him. They had obviously asked a question.

"Uhm, sorry what was that ladies?" he said, trying to stay professional.

"We asked where Hikaru was today" The girls asked, looking at him. Kaoru felt him throat close up.

"Uhm, he's visiting Yuka today" He said, through gritted teeth.

"Oh, that poor girl" One of them said.

"I reckon it's so romantic how Hikaru goes after Yuka like that, she's so lucky!" Another squealed.

"But I hope she get's better, poor Hika-Chan hasn't even visited the host club once" The last said, pouting.

"Can we stop talking about Yuka?" Kaoru said through gritted tee5th, completely forgetting about trying to be nice to Yuka. The girls where silent.

They looked at him.

He looked at them.

Hunny sensed the tension and came bounding over.

"Kaoru-Chan is just sad because he misses Hika-Chan!" he said sadly.

"Oh, I'm sorry Kaoru, we didn't mean to-" He cut them off by standing up.

"It's fine, I just want to go get some air" He walked out sharply, leaving Hunny and the girls sitting there wide-eyed.

"Yuka had better get better soon" He sat, looking out across the Ouran High School grounds.