Ouran High School Host Club Chapter 8~

Chapter Eight~

Hikaru sat in the host club room alone after school,  watching the last of the cherry blossoms fall to the ground, wishing he had just turned around the first time.

Yuka had been admitted to hospital, and died the following day. He had even be there when he had seen her take her last struggling breath. He hoped she knew he loved her.

He couldn't help but feel responsible. When he had turned around, she had been crumpled in the mud, he hadn't wasted a second in running over to her. Why couldn't he had just turned around? Everything seemed to be in a daze.

Then, he woke up. With tears in his eyes he was breathing heavily. It was a dream, it was all a dream.

He smoothed his hair out, he was sweaty. What a vivid dream. Hikaru looked around and realised he was in a hospital, Yuka sat, asleep in chair next to his bed. He smiled. She was okay. It was just a horrible dream. Yuka stirred and looked at him with sleepy eyes.

"Hey" She smiled.

"Hey" He smiled back." Why am I in a hospital?" He questioned. When Yuka explained, he listened as she told him how  not long after Yuka had gotten better, Hikaru had been infected by the same illness, but gotten it much, much worse. He'd been asleep for a good couple of weeks now. Guilt gripped him as Yuka's tears started to flow.

"No, please don't cry!"

"I'm sorry, I can't help it" She said wiping her tears away, "Hikaru, you died 2 times, they had to bring you back to life"  Hikaru sat in absolute silence after hearing that. "I died"? He thought. He ran his hand through his hair. Yuka smiled at him in the darkness.

"But you're okay now" She reached over and held his hand warmly. He smiled brightly.