Until Next Time

"Alpha, we have a rogue east from here," his beta's voice sounded through the link. "A little girl and she's alone."

He scrunched his face up in confusion. "Keep an eye on her, I'm on my way," he said through the link and stood up to leave his office.

What would a little girl be doing out in the middle of nowhere?

As he got outside, he immediately shifted and headed towards where his beta was. Slowing down a scent caught him off guard and threw his wolf into a frenzy. Mate, it growled making him stop dead in his tracks when he saw the little girl walking about and staring at the butterflies that fluttered around her.

She was wearing a sundress with a thin tan belt around her small waist. Her black hair was neatly put into a high ponytail and wore tan leggings with her red booties. A smile crossed her face as she tried to reach up and touch the butterflies. Her brown eyes lit up as one of the butterflies flew close to her face and making her giggle.

"Sol, what should we do?" His beta asked through the link, breaking him out of his daze.

"Leave, I'll watch over her. Keep everyone away," he ordered in his alpha tone.

"Yes, alpha," he replied then left.

When his presence was far enough, Sol stalked closer to her. Not noticing him, he laid on his stomach and continued to watch as she played about. How can such a little girl, be my mate? He asked himself confused. The goddess must be losing her mind.

She tripped over a sticking root and fell on her rumps as she let out a yelp. Sol quickly stood and was about to go over when she ended up laughing. His heart fluttered from the melody that sounded from her. She placed her hands on her hips and playfully glared at the butterflies, "That's right. Laugh it up, butterflies! I'm a big girl who doesn't cry. Hits a nerve doesn't it?!" She threw her head back and laughed again as she picked herself up.

Sol was in awe with this little girl. With his little sassy mate.

She dusted herself off and spoke in a loving tone, "Nana always said big girls don't cry and angry girls don't go beating people up. Did you know?" She gasped as she continued to talk to the butterflies as her eyes twinkled, "Nana said I was going to meet someone special today!" Sol growled in quick anger. "Nana said it was Tommy," she whispered as she shyly looked in a daze making Sol even angrier. So without thought, he showed himself before her.

Mine, they both growled.

Twigs snapped below his feet as leaves crunched loudly. His little mate snapped out of her daze startled and snapped her head to the sound. When she saw him, she stilled. Her big brown eyes widen in fear but held curiosity. She started to back up as Sol laid back down on his stomach in front of her. She fearfully backed away and didn't say anything else. Sol watched her intensely as she swallowed hard. The butterflies dispersed now and it was just him and her. Her eyes traveled all over him as they begin to show fascination. Slowly and carefully, she took a small step forward.

His heart began to beat faster as she approached closer. That's right little one, keep coming closer. His anger was slowly going away with each step she took.

His little mate lifted a hand up and when she gotten closer, her small hands ran through his diamond fur on his forehead making him and his wolf purr and bend down further so she could touch them some more. She let out a breath and smiled happily as she now put both hands on his head and brushed her face against his making him gently nudge her. She let out a giggle and circled her small arms around their head. "You're not so bad, wolfy," she complimented and kissed his nose. "Nana said that wolves are the most beautiful animals on earth," she whispered as she stroked his head and behind his ear making them purr again.