Nightmare

Madeline jolted awake and then cried in pain. She clutched the edge of the bed she was on and wheezed. Tears, on the verge of falling. Her body shook as the nightmare replayed in her head. Her Nana's bloodied body embedded in her head as her painful cries were heard.

She let the tears fall as she gasped a sob. "Run, Maddie!" She could still hear her yell as she kept a tight grip on my hand. "Don't look back!" Madeline tightly closed her eyes and breathed heavily.

Madeline pushed herself off the bed as the pain all over her body throbbed and ached. "Stay over there and don't move. Do you hear me?!" She yelled as she kept fighting off rogues and prevented them from getting her.

She stumbled to the door and opened it up. Looking to make sure the coast was clear, she stumbled her way out of the place and made herself scarce. She walked past other houses as the people around her gave her weird looks.

She was laying on the ground now as the rogues ripped her limb from limb. Her head was turned towards me as her eyes began to turn lifeless and dull. "I'm sorry," she whispered as the rogue dug into her jugulars. "I'm sorry."

Entering the tree lines, Madeline continued stumbling her way through until she was heavily breathing and sweaty. The sadness slowly faded away and was replaced with madness and fury. Her chest was hurting badly along with her side. Her head was starting to throb and becoming dizzy.

A long and loud howl was heard from afar as she stayed on the ground and trying her best to calm herself down before she hurt herself even more. But she couldn't.

She wants them to pay.

She wanted them dead.

Wanted to torture them painfully slow as she took all the things they love...and make them vanish in front of their eyes.

She wanted to rip them apart just as cruelly as they did to her Nana. She wanted to so bad to just look them in the eyes and ask them, "Why?"

She want to look back into Nana's chestnut eyes and ask her, "Sorry for what?"

As barks and thundering paws were heard. Madeline couldn't help the visions that came invading back in her head.

"Nana, please! I want to see wolfy again," I begged as I had my arms spread out to block her from moving and pouted to her.

She placed her hands on her hips and glowered down at me. "Maddie, no. It is dangerous out there! You were even lucky enough to even be alive."

"But, he was a nice wolfy," I argued. My lips began to tremble as tears on the verge of falling. "He even let me pet him."

Nana's face soften. "Nana, please!" I begged again as I clasped my hands together. "Please! Please! Please!" I puckered my lip with big wide pleading eyes.

She rolled her eyes then picked me up. "Maddie, sweetheart. Who can say no to that kind of face?" She walked me back to my little room and laid me down to bed. "We will go tomorrow afternoon when all my errands are done and when you come back from school. Okay?"

I lit up in happiness and jumped up, wrapped my arms around her, and squealed. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

She threw her head back and laughed as she hugged me back tightly. "You're welcome sweetheart."

Her heart felt like it had dropped to the very pit of her stomach and stayed there as her motherly laugh echoed in her head.

Nana sat down next to me and held me tightly. Kissing my head she gently rocked us. "You know I love you, right?" She asked.