The Change. The Marking. The Fight

Sol had woken up and shifted back, carrying Madeline to the bed and then went to put on his clothes. He looked at her as she snuggled into the blanket.

His chest warmed when her smile replayed in his head. Her beautiful smile she gave them. It was too long since he had seen her smile.

Sol walked out of the room and down the stairs where everybody was. "Alpha, what would you have us do?" Beta asked.

"Train like usual but push them harder. I want results," he said as he took a group then Beta and Gamma doing the same.

They had trained all day nonstop. No rest, no food or drinks whatsoever. As much as the warriors wanted to protest, they couldn't. If they were hungry and thirsty on the battlefield, are the enemies going to stop when they ask them to? No. The warriors knew better than that and knew that the Luna's life was in danger from the runaway wolf that had passed through them undetected.

And now, they were going to pay the price even if their leaders does not say anything about it.

Madeline watched as Sonya and another woman stood behind her in silence. "Since this morning you said?" She asked Sonya while turning back to look at her.

Sonya nodded, "Yes, Luna."

Madeline's eyes moved to the clock on the wall behind them then back outside. "The sun's about to set," Madeline mumbled then turned to head into the kitchen.

"Luna?" The other woman asked confused.

Madeline didn't look up at them instead she started to cook. Sonya watched and felt her heart soar. "Have the others do the same," Sonya ordered the woman and the woman nodded and left. Sonya went over and started helping. "What should we cook?"

"A feast," Madeline replied.

Hours went by and everything was set up as the warriors continued to train, un-noticing most of the woman coming back and forth. Madeline had grabbed the last pot of lasagna and was about to turn and go when she bumped into someone.

She gasped and put the pot down and helped them up. "I'm sorry! Are you okay?" She asked as she looked them over.

The little boy shook his head. "I'm okay, Luna," he said as he gave her a smile.

She smiled back and brushed his hair out of his eyes. "Did you need something?" Madeline asked as she grabbed the pot again and moved to go out of the house with the little boy following behind her.

"Is there anything I could do?" He asked politely as they made it to the tables where the food was.

Madeline looked down at him and smiled. "There sure is," she said as his eyes lit up. "Why don't you go and tell Alpha that dinner is ready?"

He quickly nodded and darted off.

Madeline watched as he swiftly zipped through the women to get to the other side. "Luna," someone called from behind her.

Madeline took a deep breath and turned around. "Yes?"

The Beta's wife stood there with her child on her hip. "Look, I just want to apologize for keeping the Beta from doing his job in protecting you. We heard your call but I had held Beta down and told him to ignore you. Please, I am so sorry."

All the women around them stopped moving and honed in on their conversation. Madeline looked at the Beta's wife with narrowing eyes. She remembered the first time she met the Beta and noted how he was kind enough to be gentle with her but for the wife, she wanted it done right away or hell was on everyone's head.

Madeline kept silent. Her wolf itched to be released to show her what was on their mind about that night. But instead of doing that, Madeline pushed her back down then turned to walk away when the Beta's wife called for her. "Luna, I'm sorry!"