From Good To Bad

It was the day of the ceremony where Madeline officially joins the pack, becoming part of Willows Peak's newest member. She was nervous nonetheless. In her old pack, she didn't even get a huge ceremony like this where food was being made and served, children running freely about and enjoying themselves and all attention was on you to make sure you were doing alright.

No. It was way different. Her prior pack didn't do it big. No one showed up. It was just her and the Alpha's family who were in the Alpha's study doing the link ritual. A slice of the hand of hers and her Alpha's and then joining hands; joining blood.

Madeline gave an exhausted nod to the women once more as they tried to decide what she should wear as she sat on the bed with her knees up to her chest. She watched as the women argued and joked with each other. Madeline tiredly smiled and placed her chin on top of her arm.

Sonya entered the room and saw how the look of poor Madeline's face and ushered away all the women and girls out of the room. She slammed the door and locked it. Turning around, Madeline laid herself down and closed her eyes with a dreadful sigh. "I'm feeling tired, Sonya and it isn't even sundown yet."

Sonya laughed as she made her way over to the racks of clothes, going through them carefully. "Pick a color, sweetheart," Sonya cooed. "Other than black."

Madeline groaned. "Purple."

Then said. "Blue."

Then said, "I don't know."

Sonya looked back at Madeline as Madeline yawned and rolled up into a ball. "I just want to go to sleep. Go into a very long deep sleep."

Sonya chuckled then looked back to the clothes rack. "How was it like the first time you joined a pack? Was the ceremony bigger or just as big?"

Madeline slowly opened her eyes. She looked at Sonya's back and sat up, shuffling her hair a bit, a little embarrassed to say. "It was small."

Sonya stopped what she was doing but didn't turn to look at Madeline. She got up off the bed and stood next to Sonya, gently shuffling through the clothes as the hanger scrapped against the metal as she did so. "It was nothing like this. It was just me and the Alpha's family of three in the Alpha's study doing the connection link."

Madeline shrugged her shoulders as if she read what Sonya was sadly thinking. "It's okay really. I hate big crowds and party anyways. Being a rogue for so long, you don't get to be comfortable in big crowds because you'll never know when you'll get attacked." Madeline lifted up a dress from the rack then put it back. "What color is Sol wearing?"

Sonya cleared her throat. "A dark blue." Her voice cracked a bit making Madeline look over to her. Madeline frowned, "Why are you crying Sonya?"

Sonya all but laughed, shaking her head. "Nothing sweetheart. Why don't you go on ahead and keep looking at the dresses. I'll be back in a bit."

Madeline nodded. Sonya patted Madeline's cheek before leaving her alone in the room. She sighed and picked the first blue dress that caught her eyes and threw it on. It fit her perfectly and showed off the curves of her body. The dress wasn't loud. It was simple. The dress reached down just above her knees. The chest to elbow area was in a beautifully designed gold lace.

She put her hair up to keep it out of the way of her face and went over to another rack filled with shoes. Madeline groaned as her eyes traveled from one shoe to another. She bit her lip and took off a black and gold opened toe heels. She took a deep breath then slipped her feet in.

Her heart was hammering against her chest. Madeline was over her head nervous that she'll fall and break an ankle. "Little one, are you okay?" Sol's voice immediately soothed her although it was rushed and worried.