M A D E L I N E

I pushed the food away and shook my head. "I don't feel like eating, Sonya," I hoarsely said as I didn't even want to drink water to relieve my burning throat. The taste of blood was still coated in my mouth and I hated it.

I hated the fact I couldn't even control my own wolf.

Sonya gave me a worried look as she sighed desperately. "Luna, you have to eat or else the Alpha would get angry."

I brought my knees close to my chest and felt disgusted with myself. I buried my face into my arms and drowned myself in guilt.

"Very well, Luna," she quietly breathed out and took the tray of food and left.

No soon later, the pack doctor, Dr. Jared Light, entered with a frown. He was an elderly man who is the head doctor amongst twenty five of them. His white and grey mixed hair was nicely cut and he spoke to you like he would everyone else, with carelessness. The doc wouldn't give two rats ass about who were you or what your title was.

If he was patching someone up, you better believe that he will knock you out if you don't leave when he tells you to. His words exactly. But all in all, he was a good man with an attitude when he wants to be. It isn't that he does not care, it's the fact that he could care less if you were just a regular member or a high titled wolf.

He was someone who I could talk openly to. Doctor Jared reminded me of Paula in many ways but with him, I could actually talk about how I really feel instead of hiding it. Maybe it's just a doctor-patient thing.

"Would you like to tell me why you're not eating?" He pulled the chair beside the bed and sat down. I took a deep breath and looked up at him. When he saw me, his eyes went wide. "You look like shit," he said as he leaned in to look at me closer.

I looked away and slowly laid down. "Get to work and get out of here," I said with a raspy voice.

He deeply sighed. "Lets get to it then," he sarcastically said as I closed my eyes, taking deep breaths.

He lifted up the shirt and looked at my slowly healing wounds. After undoing the old bandage and throwing them out, he put new bandage on and then went on his way without another word.

I laid in bed and soon drifted to sleep.

I fearfully backed away and didn't say anything else. He watched me intensely as I swallowed hard. The butterflies I had been playing and watching before had dispersed now and it was just him and I. My eyes traveled all over his shiny fur of white, it had seemed to look. Slowly and carefully, I took a small step forward.

My heart was beating for miles. He was a much bigger wolf than any of Nana and I had seen. This wolf was much bigger and more...attractive. I lifted a hand up and when I had gotten closer, my small hands ran through his diamond fur on his forehead making him and his wolf purr and bend down further so I could touch them some more.

I let out a breath and smiled happily as I now put both hands on his head and brushed my face against his making him gently nudge me. I let out a giggle and circled my small arms around his head. "You're not so bad, wolfy," I complimented and kissed his nose. "Nana said that wolfs are the most beautiful animals on earth," she whispered as she stroked his head and behind his ear making them purr again.

"Madeline!" Called out Nana's voice. "Madeline sweetheart! Where are you?!"

He snapped his eyes open and turned towards the sound of the voice as I did the same.

"Madeline?!" She sounded even more worried.

"I have to go," I said urgently. "That's nana calling me."